A-Bodies...Big Motors / New Hemi Duster - FINAL ASSEMBLY

-
Denny got to start up the Silver Bullet.

Denny%20Bullet%201_zps92gxmyek.jpg

while iconic....the ride on Woodward in your Demon was far more thrilling....just a fact!....eh?

interesting discovery,

just felt like I could use more fuel, but my plugs are burning a nice light chocolate....jetting appeared on.

was double checking my dual carb linkage...... somehow I put the front carb linkage hook up in the wrong hole and the front carb was only opening up half way....about a 30 second repair, NOW full throttle when you floor it now. It has been that way since last year.

Hey John...I got some ignition parts to install

Wanna run the gas while I set the timing?

Not so Doc. Went to HDK today and assisted Denny in installing his new orange
Rev-N-Nator ignition box and Firecore distributor. Sounds crispy but no driving
today due to inclement weather.

REV-N-ATOR%20c_zpsurqmd49i.jpg
firecore%20dist%20cc_zpshcgzkqd1.jpg

Not so Doc. Went to HDK today and assisted Denny in installing his new orange
Rev-N-Nator ignition box and Firecore distributor. Sounds crispy but no driving
today due to inclement weather.

REV-N-ATOR%20c_zpsurqmd49i.jpg
firecore%20dist%20cc_zpshcgzkqd1.jpg

AND THE REASON for the so called "coffee getter".................HUH!

The orange box is touted to put out higher voltage (free HP)...with a built-in rev limiter which is nice for a stick car. Reminds me, I want to fine tune my clutch cross shaft next....I've been missing too many 1-2 shifts....and after conferring with Jamie Passon, I have a fix.

The first box I installed operated eratic with my Mopar distributor....so after consultation with R/T garage, they sent the Mancini Fire Core distributor to try. I have been warned by many, for my application....the Mopar distributor is not the way to go....I am starting to believe them

So far...so good.....I like the free revs, but was raining when we completed the swap.

By this point , I really enjoy tweaking the little things. Wish I had more driving time, but getting things lined up for a new garage / shop along with a complete gut of the 60-70 year old (rental) house on the property....and add in constant K frame builds / new products.....I stay plenty busy.

The Rev-N-Nator. Claims are anywhere from 10-40 hp gains but mostly at the lower
end of the scale for a street motor. All published results by independent dyno operators
still see it edge out the MSD-6-AL-2 and MSD 7-AL in direct back to back comparisons.

Probably the best testimonial is from F.A.S.T. racer Dave Dudeck who reported on Moparts
that the testing with his Hemi Super Bee on the chassis dyno saw a gain of 16 rear wheel
hp over the MP chrome box (I'm guessing about 25 hp at the crank).

The Rev-N-Nator. Claims are anywhere from 10-40 hp gains but mostly at the lower
end of the scale for a street motor. All published results by independent dyno operators
still see it edge out the MSD-6-AL-2 and MSD 7-AL in direct back to back comparisons.

Probably the best testimonial is from F.A.S.T. racer Dave Dudeck who reported on Moparts
that the testing with his Hemi Super Bee on the chassis dyno saw a gain of 16 rear wheel
hp over the MP chrome box (I'm guessing about 25 hp at the crank).

Interesting, I cant wait for the driving review.

-
Back