A-bodies with Sunroofs

-
My buddy has a 75 360 duster with sunroof..i think it's a space duster originally.
images (12).jpg

Here is my 1972 Duster with the factory sunroof. I would like to know if anyone else has one. I have only seen one on the internet. It was a Petty blue one with a white sunroof. Just for your information in 1972 this Duster was fender tag coded as a convertible. Plymouth's advertisement says with this option you get the open top while still preserving the solI'd top.
When open most of the roof is open unlike a sunroof that only opens for the front driver and front passenger area.
20170323_160740.jpg

20170323_160627.jpg

20160715_175306.jpg

I have a 73 Demon ( I mean Dart Sport) that is a 340 4 speed car. Raisin Bran hood scoop, convertriple.

I'll have to get a better picture of try sunroof and I'll post it.

Here is my 1972 Duster with the factory sunroof. I would like to know if anyone else has one. I have only seen one on the internet. It was a Petty blue one with a white sunroof. Just for your information in 1972 this Duster was fender tag coded as a convertible. Plymouth's advertisement says with this option you get the open top while still preserving the solI'd top.
When open most of the roof is open unlike a sunroof that only opens for the front driver and front passenger area.
Very cool 1972Dusteragtop - thanks for sharing. Yes the slide back soft top A bodies are few and far between. You are correct - the "sunroof" option was not coded on the fender tag directly - but since there were no A body convertibles for 1971 and 1972, they coded the roof as V3W or V3X - which is the same codes for convertible tops on E bodies. Being a 1972 and earlier factory sunroof car also - you should also have a special Vehicle Order Number (VON) on your fender tag. Thanks,
Scott.

-
Back