A Body 8 1/4 rear end

-
Yes as far as I know. Just the chunk. I think Mopar uses 10 bolts? on the ring gear, And jeep uses two less. That can be a whole nother thread. I did steal the rear disk brakes from it also. Think all of it was less than 100 here.

Yes @halifaxhops , from heavy loads, 5 people for a 140 mile trip , two of the fellows was near 300 lbs each with coolers and tool in the trunk, to many hits at the drag strip, I only had to change out the drivers side axel bearing those 7 years I drove it.

Another thing, my 70 Barracuda had a 7 1/4 in it, but I had a couple members tell me no way, it was a 318 automatic plain Jane, true

I had the cross pin retainer shear off in my 8 1/4 in my dart sport. Its a 3.21 suregrip. I had no idea it was broke until I pulled the cover to change the oil.
Btw, rock auto had the pin for something like 2 bucks.

I agree 500-700 would be a good price range. If it had new seals, brakes and good drums, I would say closer to $700.00

I think so. They get a worse rap than they deserve. The sure grip 7 1/4s are supposed to be pretty strong. I'm fixin to find out.
Yeah, I had an 7 1/4 behind a slant, I used to slam it into gear a 4500. I beat the **** out of it and of course it finally exploded. The trans that is . I’m surprised the number of sure grip ones out there.

-
Back