a body 8&3/4

-

suzukikevin

Reaction score
hello everyone im new here and new to the mopar world. I have got a question. my son and I are building a 67 dart. when we purchased the car we got a 8 and 3/4 a body with "green" bearings 3.23 gear with a locker unit...we are going to minitub the car and a few friends have told me not to cut this rearend cause they are somewhat hard to find. we have decided to sell this rear. my question is ...what is it worth?..thanks in advance and I will probably be on here a lot since he we will be needing a lot of parts and advice

If it is complete, drum to drum then probably between 750-1000.

if you take that rear end out...what are you going to put back in?

Last A body 8 3/4 i bought...drum to drum wih 4.30 gear and clutch style sure grip...paid 650...

I have an early B body housing. That would be perfect to narrow, because it requires different ends to use with non tapered axles. I am only in Georgia. Probably would not cost a ton to ship. If you want it, I will take 250 shipped to your door.

I have an early B body housing. That would be perfect to narrow, because it requires different ends to use with non tapered axles. I am only in Georgia. Probably would not cost a ton to ship. If you want it, I will take 250 shipped to your door.

what a deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BOB

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Plymou...Parts_Accessories&hash=item565d2945d3&vxp=mtr

this one must be a large crack pipe...bought an E body 8 3/4 with backing plates and drums...for 100 bucks off craiglist..

wow, that is excessive, if someone was going to spend that much, they can get a new strange, moser dana 60 and they will make them in any width you want and can add options like the longer wheel studs and disk brakes in any gear ratio you want.

I know someone who bought one and it was $2300. shipped but it was all new and slightly narrowed (it went in a B-body) and had disk brakes and the longer racing wheel studs and 4:10 gears.

kinda cool that it came on a pallet Via UPS

yes its drum to drum...I know i'm going to get bashed but we are putting a 9 " under it. JUst cause we have a couple laying in the shop.. like I said this is my son and I first mopar build. he has a 72 d100 that I bought him when he was 15...and now that's all he will have is mopar ...we are building a 414 stroker for the dart with Hensley ported eddy heads big solid roller and a nitrous pro flow nos system. thanks for all the help

Bashed?I doubt it, most here go for 8.8

I have seen the A body rears upwards of 12 hundred around here. Not saying they got it, but that's what they were asking.

A Ford 8.8 or the 9 incher are popular to do. Strong, inexpensive, easy to get parts cheaply.... Bashed? Naaaaa

I mix and match only when I can't find moparts that'll work in my time frame. So, I have several unfinished projects taking up space; but that's how I like it! For anyone else: YOUR car, YOUR money - YOUR CHOICES!!

BC

BC

I`m going to find a c-body, truck or van unit as they are long enough to be easily shortened to fit an a-body. I did one for my old `69 cuda fairly cheap, get a local chassis shop to shorten and weld the housing and Moser can respline the axels. I`d sell the a-body unit for decent money and go the shortened c-body route.

Why not just use off set rims you only gain 2-3 inches of clearance with a mini tube. I am assuming. Your using the in board spring kit.??

-
Back