-
Status
Not open for further replies.

roaddevil

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi guys i looking for a 8.75 Rear end. Please offer everything. Because i am outside the USA i can not pick it up.
What we prefer is a limited slip, big bolt pattern rearend with a ratio anywhere from 3.3-3.6
But if the price is right wa are happy with something else and just modify it the way we need it.

Has to go Europe Switzerland or maybe to a friend in the usa

Last edited:
Maybe share where it needs to go. There are a lot of our members all over the world. There may be one closer than you think.
Syleng1

If you want it shipped half way round the world, you probably want to get the right thing the first time. "Please offer everything" , is pretty broad.

to that end:
What ratio? With or without a Limited Slip.
What year A-body, or; What width; Flange to flange, or drum to drum
Stock spring centers or ?
5 on 4" bolt circle?
With Brakes? and Parking cables?
Just pulled core, or reconditioned, or rebuilt?
New Axle-bearings, or good used ok?
With/or without: springs, Shock mounts, and U-bolts
What about wheels?
Input yoke to fit which U-joints; 7260 or 7290?
What about a Driveshaft? to fit which trans. Now for sure we need a year & model or an exact length

8.75s have larger axle tubes, and use larger springs than the older 7.25 stuff; the U-bolts and plates of older 7.25 stuff will not fit the 8.75s. Whereas 8.25 stuff will.
73 Up A-bodies had the larger tubes, but IDK if same-width springs. Springs need matching width front mounts and shackles.
8.75s can be found with two different areas where the brake flex hose mounts to the housing; either towards the center next to where the center section is, or out closer to the springs; do you have a preference?
That's all I can think of.

Last edited:
If you want it shipped half way round the world, you probably want to get the right thing the first time. "Please offer everything" , is pretty broad.

to that end:
What ratio? With or without a Limited Slip.
What year A-body, or; What width; Flange to flange, or drum to drum
Stock spring centers or ?
5 on 4" bolt circle?
With Brakes? and Parking cables?
Just pulled core, or reconditioned, or rebuilt?
New Axle-bearings, or good used ok?
With/or without: springs, Shock mounts, and U-bolts
What about wheels?
Input yoke to fit which U-joints; 7260 or 7290?
What about a Driveshaft? to fit which trans. Now for sure we need a year & model or an exact length

8.75s have larger axle tubes, and use larger springs than the older 7.25 stuff; the U-bolts and plates of older 7.25 stuff will not fit the 8.75s. Whereas 8.25 stuff will.
73 Up A-bodies had the larger tubes, but IDK if same-width springs. Springs need matching width front mounts and shackles.
8.75s can be found with two different areas where the brake flex hose mounts to the housing; either towards the center next to where the center section is, or out closer to the springs; do you have a preference?
That's all I can think of.
i thought all a body 8.75 rear ends are the same width? Drum to Drum woud be perfect. thank you for the reminder that we also need new shock mounts :)

On the 8 3/4 your preferred ratios will be 3.23 - 3.55, just so you know what to look for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back