-
Status
Not open for further replies.

snowcrane2005

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a 1971 A body automatic center console. Going to convert it to a 4 speed. Would like one in Good shape not in need of restoration or if anyone knows where you can get one restored that would be great too.
Thanks

Are you going to cut out the side for shifter clearance?

100_1443.JPG

I had a console from a 70's a body for a few years but I had no cup holders, so I thought of building a custom one but those can get real expensive if you don't know what your doing, so the next best thing was to get one out of a wrecked car as in a salvage yard. Just measure how wide you have between your seats and the lenght you want then all you have to do is find something that fits. Mine has 2 extra power outlets 2 cup holders and a place for your box of kleenex or whatever you wish to use that space for. It does a dandy job at a price which is very affordable.

Are you going to cut out the side for shifter clearance?

View attachment 1715139082
Hey,one of mine looks just like that! Hah! I cut it out for my Hurst shifter. Then a year later,tore it all out and hung it back up in the rafters.
I got me a Mr.Gasket In-Line shifter.That lasted for about a year, Then I tore that out.
Then I dug up an old Mr.Gasket short-stick BANG! Shifter, that I also had stored away.Ok that one stayed,lo these many,many years.lol
I think there's a lesson in here, somewhere. Anyway, I got a Bang, and haven't missed a shift since.Here a Bang,there a Bang, I get a lot of Banging every time I take her out. ......... which ain't as often as it once was. But that Bang never fails to impress me.

Last edited:
There are a few for sale on Craigslist in my area. They all go for about $200. They loom to be complete and in good shape. P.m if you want the info on them. If be happy to do the work on getting one for you and in a box sent to you if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back