A Body Disc Brake help

-

tguss

Reaction score
Question , I have a 68 valiant, will the disk break setup on a 72 duster work on my car ? I have read from 73 to 76 would ,but wondering if setup off 72 will work being I just picked up doner car. Any help be greatfull

Cool, when changing over from drums to disk I should use the power booster and mastercyc. And valve from doner car ?

early 4 piston and later single piston disc brakes will both work...but they
are completely different systems and nothing interchanges

I just went over and looked at duster, I took a back wheel off my brothers 66 fury 3 which I know is a big bolt pattern and it fit perfect on front of duster, but I was reading that the big bolt pattern was from 73-76 could this be cause the car was made 9/72 ..? Would I need to use the bottom aarm on switch over ..?. Thanks all for the input

I just went over and looked at duster, I took a back wheel off my brothers 66 fury 3 which I know is a big bolt pattern and it fit perfect on front of duster, but I was reading that the big bolt pattern was from 73-76 could this be cause the car was made 9/72 ..? Would I need to use the bottom aarm on switch over ..?. Thanks all for the input

I'm not positive, but I don't think you need the lower arm to do the swap. You might have to have the ball joint, but I think the control arms are the same. If it has sway bar tabs then it would be good to get them too though. You will definitely need the upper control arms to get the big ball joint, and if you can grab the proportioning valve as well.

Let's look again before we decide just how much suspension we will move.
Your 68 K member will be almost fully boxed underneath. If you have a sway bar it will route around that K member.
Now look at the later model. If that K member has huge cutaways underneath where a sway bar would route through it... Get it all including the steering gear and transplant all of it into the 68 whether the sway bar is actually there or not.

Would I need to use the tie rods and link bar off the 73 for my 68 ??

If you use the later model steering gear box you will need that pitman arm, idler arm, drag link, all of it.

-
Back