A Body Frame Connectors

-

Topless69

Reaction score
Hey guys, if we power-up our convertibles do we really need frame connectors?
I’ve been seeing differing opinions on the web so I’d like to know what everybody here thinks

Although drop tops are reinforced in the rockers, I think subframe connectors would be a plus!

i would. in fact i'd even recommend frame connectors on a car with stock power, and doubly for a vertible.

I have a 68 convertible and made sub frame connectors cheap from 1.5x 3 square stock. The difference was noticeable...even with the torque boxes. Both made a difference.

Sub frame connectors benefit a low power car cause stiffening up the body gets rid of squeaks rattles. It also allows the suspension to absorb bumps better. These cars have a lot of flex in stock form which has a lot of draw backs in terms or ride quality overall feel of the car

Any of our 50+ year old cars will benefit from frame connectors in my opinion.

Yeah, a common strategy with guys using them was to make sure they followed the lines of the floor so they can be welded along the entire length of the connector

Yeah, a common strategy with guys using them was to make sure they followed the lines of the floor so they can be welded along the entire length of the connector
USCT make things those connectors look factory.

US Car Tool.jpg

Hey guys, if we power-up our convertibles do we really need frame connectors?
I’ve been seeing differing opinions on the web so I’d like to know what everybody here thinks
Huge difference.

I used USCT frame connectors and torque boxes.

We took our time and matched the floor to the cuts in the rails. Came out great and definitely stiffened up the car.

1711982892919.png

Just an FYI, with my car weighing 2500# and having a 50/50 weight split, I can put a floor jack under one side and get both wheels off the ground. I didn't realize how much stronger it made the car.

Just an FYI, with my car weighing 2500# and having a 50/50 weight split, I can put a floor jack under one side and get both wheels off the ground. I didn't realize how much stronger it made the car.
That says alot right there.

I'm going to order a set tomorrow. I'm replacing the front floor pans and was going to make my own . For the price it's worth buying those,

good call, before i put them on my car, sitting on jackstands for a week and the doors would barely open.. not it has been on them for months after the connectors and no issues at all.. i think every mopar should have them..

I think Early a are stiffer then late. My 66 it seems does not need them. Doors open close on stands no problem...No noticeable flex while driving. My 67 can use a set.....

I think Early a are stiffer then late. My 66 it seems does not need them. Doors open close on stands no problem...No noticeable flex while driving. My 67 can use a set.....
Yet my 2 are just the opposite.

-
Back