A-Body Frame Rail Connector

-

n00blike

Reaction score
Woot they finally have them!

Laser cut from 11 gauge steel, these are designed to follow the contour of the original floorpan and be welded directly to the original floorpan for maximum strength. $170

http://www.uscartool.com/Aframeconn/index.html

you think they are as good as the 2x3?

I'm sure they're 10 times harder to install. you have to grine to clean metal everywhere you're gonna weld. Then, take a u shaped piece of steel versus a 2x3 boxed piece. which one is easier to twist.

They are very easy to install! Got mine last year. Just clean the bottom of the car with one of those scotch-brite drill pads... then you position them in place with jacks and tack in place.

Using a series of welds until it is welded completely all around. Much easier than cutting your floors and welding in that way. No intrusion into the cars interior... everything goes back in with no problems.

These are well worth the investment... HIGHLY recommended!!!

Don't know... never had a set of MOPAR brand frame connectors. But I would never use a "bolt in" set of frame connectors anyway... there is no way that it could be as strong as welding them in!

What is the sense in doing that? Why not just weld them in and forget about using the bolts... once they are welded, the bolts will do nothing anyway.

Take one of your connectors out to your car... put it under the car and use a jack and some stands to put it into place... it should be very easy to see if the floor will need to be cut.

If you don't have a set of connectors... e-mail the manufacturer and ask them what is needed to install their product... they will tell you if any cutting is needed.

None of these "add-on" frame rails will make these cars as strong as trucks or trains. Any of them will stiffen it up though, bolted or welded. I have seen cases where bolted tore/stretched their bolt holes over time. Welded is probably best.
The stronger buildings erected in New Orleans will stand there waiting for a stronger hurricane (my pretzel logic again) LOL.

I think most bolt in ones are small enough that you don't need to cut the floor pan.

Here are some pics of the US Car tool frame connectors on my Dart. They were just installed a week ago or so.

DSC00892.jpg

DSC00893.jpg

DSC00894.jpg

DSC00891.jpg

DSC00889.jpg

DSC00890.jpg

DSC00896.jpg

Keith,

I saw your install and thought "Man, what a ***** it is to weld over head.", then I went to their site and saw that they were installing the connectors with the car on a rotiserrie. Did you install yours with the car on the floor?

Those are the connectors i want for my car. Ive asked them about Early A bodies, and they dont make them yet, but do have plans for them.

i could have moved my park brake to a better spot but other than that they look good.

IMG_2475.JPG

IMG_2476.JPG

IMG_2477.JPG

IMG_2478.JPG

IMG_2479.JPG

IMG_2480.JPG

IMG_2481.JPG

IMG_2483.JPG

IMG_2482.JPG

Keith,

I saw your install and thought "Man, what a ***** it is to weld over head.", then I went to their site and saw that they were installing the connectors with the car on a rotiserrie. Did you install yours with the car on the floor?

They were done on a lift, though a rotiserrie would of been ideal

I got the MP connectors from Mancini. The bolt in ones. Had
the boss weld them in. They fit like the ones abodyhotrod did.
They don't hang down and you can't see them from the side.

All of these look good and strong. I do like the looks of the US Car Tool
units, They have a "factory installed look". Once they are welded to the floor
they form a full box that is very strong. toolmanmike

I got mine out of us car tool I wasnt realy inpressed at first but after I installed them thought they looked pretty good check my gallery and youll see them but I also did mine on the rotisserie Had to notch a hole for the park brake cable but that was all and for the price it was worth it Ray

Aren't there issues with welding these frame connectors on when the car isn't sitting level???? Can't you make some door reveal issues or suspension/alignment problems????

Hi! sorry for my english, this is my Stainless Steel frame conector before instalation. I make this with 2X2 S.Steel square tube.
vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

Have a good day

Hi! sorry for my english, this is my Stainless Steel frame conector before instalation. I make this with 2X2 S.Steel square tube.
vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

Have a good day

wooow! nice!

do you sell them or did you just make them?

i could have moved my park brake to a better spot but other than that they look good.

That's what I plan to do with my Duster. It'll give me an excuse to buy a welder and start learning how to use it :read2:

Plum Demon, that's very impressive. Makes me want to go with a design like that when I do up the connectors for my Duster.

-
Back