A body maximum height radiator???

-

71340Duster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am considering purchasing a radiator out of a 67 B body, part number 2785940. It is a 26 inch and has inlets/outlets where I need them plus a tranny cooler. My concern is the height, the seller sent a pic, told me the tanks were 22.5 inches. In the pic it looks like it could be up to 1/4 inch taller, but won't know till I measure it myself. I plan on adding a third row and moving the filler neck off the top and to the corner. Has anyone tried this and do you think this radiator will fit in an A body (71 Duster 26 inch core support).

I tried a B-body radiator in my 65 Dart and it was slightly too tall to close the hood. I think it would fit my C-body.

I have a 73 E Body 340 with Air Conditioning 26 inch Radiator in my 74 valiant 4 door with a factory 26 inch radiator opening just had to redrill 2 holes to use existing mounting holes.
Used a pair of paint sticks between the radiator and the lower core support to space it correctly.
Also used a radiator fan shroud from a 1980 CMX Mirada 318 auto Air Car with 26 inch Radiator

I am considering purchasing a radiator out of a 67 B body, part number 2785940. It is a 26 inch and has inlets/outlets where I need them plus a tranny cooler. My concern is the height, the seller sent a pic, told me the tanks were 22.5 inches. In the pic it looks like it could be up to 1/4 inch taller, but won't know till I measure it myself. I plan on adding a third row and moving the filler neck off the top and to the corner. Has anyone tried this and do you think this radiator will fit in an A body (71 Duster 26 inch core support).

How much are you paying for it? It might be more cost effective to buy an aluminum or copper/ brass unit that will drop right in than to mod a B body radiator to fit.

I tried a B-body radiator in my 65 Dart and it was slightly too tall to close the hood. I think it would fit my C-body.

Okay thanks. Could you tell if it was the filler neck? I'm wondering if moving it would make it fit?

I have a 73 E Body 340 with Air Conditioning 26 inch Radiator in my 74 valiant 4 door with a factory 26 inch radiator opening just had to redrill 2 holes to use existing mounting holes.
Used a pair of paint sticks between the radiator and the lower core support to space it correctly.
Also used a radiator fan shroud from a 1980 CMX Mirada 318 auto Air Car with 26 inch Radiator

I'm looking for a radiator with both inlet/outlet on drivers side, I'll check out E body radiators, thanks.

How much are you paying for it? It might be more cost effective to buy an aluminum or copper/ brass unit that will drop right in than to mod a B body radiator to fit.

He's asking $40 for it, I was trying to stick with brass/copper Mopar. Next for me would be any 26 inch brass/copper that has inlet/outlet on passenger side, to this point I haven't been able to source one. Even tried Summit for aluminium, they didn't have it. It would help me greatly to know the exact maximum height dimension. My car is not together enough yet, no core support, fenders or hood yet to take the measurement myself.

-
Back