A Body Owner Again!

-
Congrats, just do something on it every day. Large or small. That is how I did my pickup. Not too overwhelming that way

That is exactly the plan. No matter how small.

Nice Valiant Rob. Glad you got another A body. You need to start a build thread on it so we can all watch and put in our .02 . As you already know, theres a lot of creative folks on here.

RRR I have a 73? 225 still in the car. I used the manifolds off of it.
It's in the barn I can check and see if it is still loose. If so it's yours if you want it. Will take a little while to pull it tho.

Please, if someone disagree with this, tell me why. Thanks.
The stuff I bought from them was junk. Basically flat sheet metal shaped with a bead roller and a brake. I have heard of guys using their floor pans, but that was with a lot of extra fabrication and screwing around.

It's in the barn I can check and see if it is still loose. If so it's yours if you want it. Will take a little while to pull it tho.
If i know Rob, that thing is gonna get a V8 transplant.

Well, I got the little 64 Valiant 2 door sedan that was in the For Sale section. Got to meet a new Mopar friend and one that's in Georgia. Wally is a stand up guy and true to his word. The little car is really solid. Just a few places will need some small patch panels. Rear wheelwell areas, a small hole in the passenger rear floor pan and a little at each rear window lower corner. Overall, the car is really good. It has a 170. It started right up and didn't smoke or make a sound. I think I can do something with this. Will post pictures later tonight or tomorrow. I am really whooped. Thank you especially to @Rainy Day Auto for pointing the car out to me. I might have missed it were it not for her keen eye.
You needed a mopar! I am so glad you got it.

5.9 with 833 OD

...in sheep's clothing

Great plan YY1. Hey Rob, Is it going to be refrigerator white? Steelies, dog dishes? Whole poverty pack ?

Give us an idea on the plans for it.

in 2700 pound sheep's clothing

Naw. But it is gonna get an upgrade to a 225. I just need to find one.
I like this plan because that is exactly what I am doing. When I bought my valiant wagon, it was for the sole purpose of building a permanent slant six car. With all the fast and furious craze of today, slants are getting rarer. Everyone thinks they are Tokyo drifters and fewer want a plain old piece of history and simplicity

20181227_143756.jpg

I like this plan because that is exactly what I am doing. When I bought my valiant wagon, it was for the sole purpose of building a permanent slant six car. With all the fast and furious craze of today, slants are getting rarer. Everyone thinks they are Tokyo drifters and fewer want a plain old piece of history and simplicity

View attachment 1715271613
Later on when the dart is how I want it and my everyday driver situation is sorted out I want a early valiant with a nice stout slanty. I miss my slant 6! I love that valiant in the picture. Looks solid! They are getting hard to come by around here.

I have an intake manifold I could throw in also if you want it.

Great plan YY1. Hey Rob, Is it going to be refrigerator white? Steelies, dog dishes? Whole poverty pack ?

Give us an idea on the plans for it.

Matt, that's kinda the plan. I am sure it will change a little as time goes on. Called a good friend today and as I thought, he has three Dusters. All slants. All three 3 speed manual trans. So the drivetrain plan is to build a 198 rodded 225 and use the A230, but keep the three on the tree configuration. It's just too cool to change anymore than that.

Matt, that's kinda the plan. I am sure it will change a little as time goes on. Called a good friend today and as I thought, he has three Dusters. All slants. All three 3 speed manual trans. So the drivetrain plan is to build a 198 rodded 225 and use the A230, but keep the three on the tree configuration. It's just too cool to change anymore than that.
That should be a sweet combo...and fun to drive!

Oh Lord that would be great. But how in the world would I get it here?

-
Back