A Body pet peeves

-

ESP47

Reaction score
I figured it would be cool to start a thread where everyone lists their pet peeves when it comes to our favorite cars. Stuff that you see and you're just like "Eh thats cool but I would never do that to my car". Not lookin to hurt anyones feelings but everyone has their own way of wanting to build a car. Some of the ones I can't stand were upgrades that I wanted to do to my car when I first got it. Funny how you out grow some things. To start off, I can't stand

Go Wings
360's (in non original 360 cars)
Bucket seats from newer cars
Custom instrument panels

I used to want a go wing, now I cant stand them lol. Seems like everyone and their brother does a 360 build when they pull a slant out...and the last two just kill the classic look of the interiors for me.

To start with, everyone builds a car the way they want it. It is not being built to please everyone. If you like stock or modified, to the extreme modified cars thats each to his own. I say, just enjoy the hobby and look at what you enjoy and do not cut anyones cars down you do not like. I think its great to see someone with a car, put everything they can in to it just to enjoy it. No matter what make or model. Just my pet peeves that you ask for.

Woo Hoo! I'm going to make the top of the list. My car is an original slant six 70 Duster with a 360, a go wing, 71 seats, and I painted it Plum Crazy rather than the original green. I've been on the fence about modifying the instrument cluster...

I just don't like it when you compare our parts prices to Fox body parts prices...

Woo Hoo! I'm going to make the top of the list. My car is an original slant six 70 Duster with a 360, a go wing, 71 seats, and I painted it Plum Crazy rather than the original green. I've been on the fence about modifying the instrument cluster...

Opps..I am doing the same thing (not the go wing) including changing the instrument cluster and getting rid of all the wood grain ..what is that about ??

2 peves... It rubs me the wrong way when someone tells me that my A body MOPAR is not worth anything

2) when someone tries to make you think their car is actually another car..I think it is called cloning. If you are going to make a clone, it should be badged appropriately..why would you have 340 on your tail when you only have a 318.. ???

These are *my* peves and perhaps not the FABO boards opinion.

Everyone is so easily offended these days.

Glenn, I was talking about like Dodge Neon seats in a 70 Duster. Your 71 seats don't bother me one bit :)

Had a go wing on my car for a while but it just didn't go with the custom more modern look im going for so I removed it. I do like them alot just not on this car. I will be going with modern seats because the old ones are way too uncomfortable and I want to enjoy driving my car. I have all custom gauges and dash, I like gauges that are actually accurate because I like to know exactly what's going on instead of a guesstimation of what's going on. So I guess I like everything that the op doesn't!

Had a go wing on my car for a while but it just didn't go with the custom more modern look im going for so I removed it. I do like them alot just not on this car. I will be going with modern seats because the old ones are way too uncomfortable and I want to enjoy driving my car. I have all custom gauges and dash, I like gauges that are actually accurate because I like to know exactly what's going on instead of a guesstimation of what's going on. So I guess I like everything that the op doesn't!

The whole point is to add your own, not get offended by mine.

I have a 1971 Duster, originally a slant 6 but someone before me put a 360 in it. It's what I want because I'm trying to do some drag racing with it. My biggest pet peeve so far are the header that came with the car. the steering linkage goes right through the driver's side header. A real pain if you want to remove them.

I'm tired of hearing how the rpm air gap is the holy grail of manifolds.

I'm also sick of hearing that tti headers are the only header you should ever buy for your A body

Lastly this is the ugliest hood scoop ever, they don't look good on any car, stop using them!

PA170665.jpg

end rant.

I don't care for go wings at all. I just do get why they were put on because they dont do anything. I really like the direct connection spoiler because it actually works. Another thing I didn't care for was the stock wheel setup. When you looked at the body and the wheels tucked up under it like that it just looks dumb (reminds me of a fat guy on a Harley).

I see lots of things on other people cars that I don't care for. And I'm sure some people feel the same about my car, but that's really the point, isn't it? We do what we want with our own cars.

I don't like go wings on dusters but I do like them on darts. I put a 360 in /6 duster due to the fact 340s are like hens teeth to find and I didn't want a race car. I say you can do anything you want to do to your a body. Have you priced stock a body seats lately? I don't blame anyone for installing other buckets in there cars.

sick of lack of parts for early A bodies especially headers we should have cheaper versions. chev people can get cheapy headers for under $100

This could be a hornets nest thread since we all have our own ideas of what we like/dislike. Our cars are extensions of us.
Being one of the 'experienced' (that means 'older') FABO members, I'm going to have vastly different likes/dislikes than younger members. Just goes with who each of us is.
For instance, like ESP47 I don't care for Go Wings. Don't like them, never did. But I am putting a 360 in my '69 Dart. Would I prefer a 340? Sure! I'd actually prefer a 572" Hemi, but my car had a 360 magnum in it when I bought in from the PO so that's what will get built and go back in it - it's all budget related.
I don't mind seats from new cars if they 'look' right. I've already bought some aftermarket buckets that are going to be nice and comfortable to sit in and look at my Rocky Mountain Dash and AutoMeter guages.
Build your car the way you want it to be because you're the only one you've got to satisfy. If you see something you don't like on someone's elses ride, just shake your head and walk away. Life's too short to let little things bother you.

I hate hemi hood scoops on non Hemi equipped cars
I hate turn downs for exhaust tips
I hate 18" and up wheels on a classic car
no offense, that's just me.........................

This could be a hornets nest thread since we all have our own ideas of what we like/dislike. Our cars are extensions of us.
Being one of the 'experienced' (that means 'older') FABO members, I'm going to have vastly different likes/dislikes than younger members. Just goes with who each of us is.
For instance, like ESP47 I don't care for Go Wings. Don't like them, never did. But I am putting a 360 in my '69 Dart. Would I prefer a 340? Sure! I'd actually prefer a 572" Hemi, but my car had a 360 magnum in it when I bought in from the PO so that's what will get built and go back in it - it's all budget related.
I don't mind seats from new cars if they 'look' right. I've already bought some aftermarket buckets that are going to be nice and comfortable to sit in and look at my Rocky Mountain Dash and AutoMeter guages.
Build your car the way you want it to be because you're the only one you've got to satisfy. If you see something you don't like on someone's elses ride, just shake your head and walk away. Life's too short to let little things bother you.

How are you still missing the point of this thread? The point isn't to discuss what the 3 or 4 things that bother me are. The point is just to name your own so people can just get an idea of how different everyone elses tastes are when it comes to these cars. Give the whole "Just let people build their cars the way they want to build them" crap a rest. Thats not the point here. I'm not sitting here stressing out over go wings and new bucket seats, I'm just starting a topic to see what kind of variety there is out there.

I have 3 mopars and all of them have slant 6's. If someone comes in here and says they don't like slants because they don't go fast and don't belong in muscle cars, then thats their opinion. I'm not going to get bent out of shape about it. Now if this was a build thread on my car or something then that would be a different story.

when someone tries to make you think their car is actually another car..I think it is called cloning. If you are going to make a clone, it should be badged appropriately..why would you have 340 on your tail when you only have a 318.. ???

Wow then..lets see my duster WAS a factory 318..has 340 stripes..but is running a 360 right now..so i really guess you wouldn't like it..:-D:-D

Attachments

• DSCF0232.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 445
  • DSCF0206.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 445
Don't like the quality header selection or lack there of.
Don't like the high price of some parts that people sell, ever price a sharktooth grill, outrageous some of the prices people are ask, and buying for these days.
Don't like the fact that more parts are not being created for our cars, ie grills and stuff like they are for b bodies, e bodies.

Abody pet peeves.... hmmmmm!!

1.lousy handling
2.no room for big fat tires
3.parts are too hard to find and too damn expensive.
But that's why we love them!!:toothy10:

Don't like the quality header selection or lack there of.
Don't like the high price of some parts that people sell, ever price a sharktooth grill, outrageous some of the prices people are ask, and buying for these days.
Don't like the fact that more parts are not being created for our cars, ie grills and stuff like they are for b bodies, e bodies.

I definitely agree about the sharktooth grilles. Back in 2000 when I first got my Duster, on ebay you could either get a regular Duster grille for $100 or a sharktooth for $150. I was like theres no way I'm going to pay $150 for a sharktooth grille. Now the regular grille is about the same price and the sharktooth has gone up by about 3x.

Well, I did intentionally send this off in the wrong direction. But, at no time was I actually offended. (You'd have to try MUCH harder than that to get to me.)

I'm not too crazy about:

full wheel hubcaps
whitewalls
bumblebee stripes with side trim
half vinyl tops
vinyl side moldings
Flowmaster mufflers
racing bucket seats
t-handle shifters
fuzzy dice
fuzzy seat covers
those stupid crying dolls at car shows
stuffed Coyote, Roadrunner and Pink Panther dolls at car shows

I'd like to see a pic of the stupid crying doll from the car shows lol. Don't think I've ever heard of that.

Raleigh, us Duster owners get that as well..."Is that a Nova?"

-
Back