A Body pet peeves

-
Wow then..lets see my duster WAS a factory 318..has 340 stripes..but is running a 360 right now..so i really guess you wouldn't like it..:-D:-D

Since you asked..no I don't. Most folks don't know squat about year of strips are..heck, I don't even know (or care) or what came in the car when it was first sold....but they do know that a 340 is a sweat engine and by the look of the car, it must be worth a lot ...but yours (like mine) is a 360....so what makes you put a 340 on your hood when you don't have one under the hood ?

Grassy

ok normally I do not chime in but I though I would on this thread because most of the traditional guy will hate my car.

I am putting a 2010 6.1 Hemi with the stock auto trans in my 1973 duster.
It has Boyd 18 wheels
the body has been smoothed and fenders have been modified to fit the 18's although most would never be able to tell.

I have a modified dash
newer seats Corbins
The windows will be tinted dark
the engine compartment will be most likely black
and Oh yea it is lowered 2 inches in front and in the rear

And you know what I love every old car that is on the Road today even the beaters,

Maybe not the Chevy's or Fords, but all the Mopars for sure

That is my two cents

Since you asked..no I don't. Most folks don't know squat about year of strips are..heck, I don't even know (or care) or what came in the car when it was first sold....but they do know that a 340 is a sweat engine and by the look of the car, it must be worth a lot ...but yours (like mine) is a 360....so what makes you put a 340 on your hood when you don't have one under the hood ?

Grassy

Reread what i wrote "it has a 360 NOW" did have a stroked 340...

ok normally I do not chime in but I though I would on this thread because most of the traditional guy will hate my car.

I am putting a 2010 6.1 Hemi with the stock auto trans in my 1973 duster.
It has Boyd 18 wheels
the body has been smoothed and fenders have been modified to fit the 18's although most would never be able to tell.

I have a modified dash
newer seats Corbins
The windows will be tinted dark
the engine compartment will be most likely black
and Oh yea it is lowered 2 inches in front and in the rear

And you know what I love every old car that is on the Road today even the beaters,

Maybe not the Chevy's or Fords, but all the Mopars for sure

That is my two cents

Pictures please.

Reread what i wrote "it has a 360 NOW" did have a stroked 340...

You are losing me now and this isn't a major discussion topic..you have a great looking A body..wish we had the same but college tuition etc really sponges up the coin but if I was 20 again..I am guessing that you had the big 340 put on with paint or is intrgral to the painting scheme so if you take it off, it will look fugly..I understand now..Thanks

Grassy

here are some my forum has more pictures its called 1973 duster. Still waiting for the motor and trans to get here but the body mods are done.

Attachments

• duster 003.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 126
  • duster 006.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 117
  • duster 11-16 008.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 123
  • rainrail.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 123
  • cowel.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 118
  • duster 010.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 126
..make you you give afew of the finished product..looks great so far..

Oh yeah I don't like new engines in old cars either. Doesn't look right and kind of takes away half the point of owning a classic.

New engines in old cars make the car look modern and yet still remain old.

But hey that is your choice it is not for all. The price alone to do usually stops most people. I want a car that looks old, but does not drive old and I am getting tired of adjusting the motor all the time

heres my duster
1972 green /6 when it was new
now it will be 2010 challenger purple
360/727/355sg
stock dash aftermarket gauges
manual brakes
manual steering
go wing i like it
no call out but will have a stripe
tuff wheel
flowmasters i like them
stock looking car
that the way i want it

i like all abodys and what the owners have done to them
if i dont like it i just keep it to my self just mark it as something i would not do

Well. I guess I will chime in . . . here are my 2 cents worth:
Dog dish hubcaps
Oversized wheels
Roll cages on street cars
Painted bumpers
Black engine compartments
Aftermarket stripes that don't match the body lines

Is that enough? LOL

O.E.M.-Spec Items :
- Small bolt pattern wheels
- 7.25" diff
- Non-Rallye Dash on '70 - '71 Dart / Demon
- 1974 & later steering wheels
- Manual drum brakes only on '69 440 Dart / Barracuda
- 7.25" diff
- AM-only radio from 1970 - 1971
- Thin-*** steering wheel rims ( except the '71 Tuff-Grip )
- 7.25" diff
- Small bolt pattern wheels
- 4 piston disc brakes
- unpainted roof panel under vinyl tops (!!!)
- 1967 & earlier windshield / Backlight trim ( that shitty plastic **** !! Ever seen a southwest U.S. car that's been plagued with that garbage ??? )

After Market / Modified Items :
- Hi-Impact colours on pre-1969 and post 1972 models
- Rallye Wheels on pre-1970 models
- Wheels over 15" ( with a few -- very few -- exceptions )
- black engine compartments on non-black body-colour cars
- Dash butchered for a radio
- White-face-with-black-characters gauges
- Pistol-Grip shifters on pre-1970 and post 1974 models
- Anything 80's-styled ( gross "Charles in Charge"-esque graphics ; Pro Street ; monochrome colour ; blacked-out trim )
- Center Line wheels ( boring-*** wheels that are so horribly plain and offer zero brake cooling )
- "incorrect" engine-colour-to-model-year ( orange on '72 & later cars especially ! )
- body-colour bumpers
- Billitt engine parts
- K&N open-top air filtres ( again , with maybe a few exceptions )
- the name "Mopar Performance" . So uninspired and generic-sounding . It's supposed to be DIRECT CONNECTION !!!

-
Back