A body twin scoop ram air

-

J.B.

Reaction score
Has anybody ever attempted to use the 1969 Superbee 4 barrel oval ram charger for there 1970-1976 A body. The scoop are the same but spaced a little wider but similar under hood construction for mounting and modifying a bit.

IMG_7796.jpeg

IMG_7797.jpeg

Really wish someone would make a kit that would do just that! With 3D printing being very assessable, I would think one could be designed for A-body and printed

Somebody did it on here, can't remember who, it looked good, but a lot of folks said the scoops were too low to effectively grab air at speed?

Really wish someone would make a kit that would do just that! With 3D printing being very assessable, I would think one could be designed for A-body and printed
Good idea in theory. A printer that big may cost around $50,000. It could be done. It just takes money.

I met a fella in Hagerstown Maryland that has a green 68 Dodge Dart convertible and he has the hood converted over to the air Grabber with the air Grabber box underneath all the goodies he also had a 64 dart 273 four-speed wagon and a few other goodies

Somebody did it on here, can't remember who, it looked good, but a lot of folks said the scoops were too low to effectively grab air at speed?
I read somewhere (maybe here) that the first 2 inches from the surface of the hood are dead space, and that's why scoops need to be taller than that. Can anyone verify?

I read somewhere (maybe here) that the first 2 inches from the surface of the hood are dead space, and that's why scoops need to be taller than that. Can anyone verify?
Thats what they say./ I like scoops to let OUT hot air. LOts of Good from that. But I am NO raer. Never had a desire to afford such!!

I believe the A12 6 Pack scoop was based on that theory.

It’s called “boundary layer” and yes it’s absolutely a real thing. Not sure if there is an actual measurement that’s set in stone because frontal area and shape have a lot of influence on where the air goes.

I believe the A12 6 Pack scoop was based on that theory.

Also the Challenger T/A scoop and later Duster/Dart Sport single twin-snorkel scoop. That's a big reason why I went with one "incorrectly" for my '70 Duster. MP Chassis manual has a section on it, pretty enlightening. Most muscle-era hood scoops are about looks more than anything, the engine will get cooler intake air if they're functional but forget RAM air. The effect from that is negligible under about 120 mph (iirc) anyway even with ideal placement and size/shape.

Still would be super neat to see a functional dual-scoop setup on an A-body!

-
Back