A Buyers Question

-

ZZZBrahmaBull

Reaction score
So how would you buy a car on other side of the country from a guy that will only take cash in the hand?A round trip airfare is 1/2 the amount of the car.
I have sent post office money orders,western union,a cashier check and personal check buying cars before.But also bought them on sort of lay away deal too.Couldn't afford to pay all at once.Now thats sort of risky too for the buyer.Seller has the car and your money.I had to trust the sellers.So what would you do?The car is up North.My home is in Texas.I am in San Diego.Hope the car don't sell soon.

if the seller only wants cash in hand and you really want the car then i don't see you having much of a choice. whats so great about the car that you can't find something closer?

then i guess he better get there with cash in hand then. the seller wants cash. as the buyer you have two choices. 1) get your *** there with cash and put it in his hand or 2) forget about it. pretty simple. don't see where the problem is.

Check with paypal, it works like wiring cash but they have a type of buyers insurance plan to prevent you from an unpleasant transaction. When I bought my demon I used paypal and had no issues at all. The gentleman I bought the car from was a very stand up guy. One tip if you have not seen the car in person Find a local (to the cars location) independent auto appraiser to check the car out. It is money well spent.
Good Luck

don't forget to pay the paypal fees.. if the seller wants cash i doubt he will take paypal and i think he would be pissed getting hit with the fee.

Start a thread and see if a fellow member will go chk the car out in person. If all goes well and you trust the member paypal him/her the money and go that route.

Start a thread and see if a fellow member will go chk the car out in person. If all goes well and you trust the member paypal him/her the money and go that route.

Do things like this all the time. Half the money up front, he keeps the title. When you recieve the car, send the balance, when he recieves the total. He sends the title. That way everyone is holding something. Confermtion USPS of course. Done this several times.

Well yeah if I could find someone here a member close to where the car is go check the car out for me.I really love the car,its a Mopar,not any like it near me.I used paypal on the 76 road runner i bought in April on ebay.My wife would go balistic on me if I would fly there,pay cash .Try to tell the seller it be some time even before I be able to have the car shipped anyway.Unless there is some reason why he can only accept cash.Didn't ask.Oh well I can only hope the car don't sell soon,buy me some time.Brain storming for solution.

Oh well don't matter now.The car just got sold.I really wanted it.But thats the way it goes.Who knows might be a better Aspen coming up for sale if the economy stays the same it is or gets worse.But then I am having to try to sell some of my mopars at 30c to 40c on the dollar for what I have in them.
Hard to sell even at that price.So buying and selling sort of crazy now days.

Yep! now is not the time to sell anything IMO. Unless you're gonna buy something at the equally deflated value.

Just do a money transfer direct to his bank account just like direct deposit.

My Dart was an eBay buy from Oregon. I set up an escrow account for the purchase. The seller didn't release the car to the shipping carrier until the money was verified in the escrow account; I didn't authorize release of the money from the escrow account to the seller until I received the car and verified it's condition.
Worked perfectly for both of us.

-
Back