A/C compressor mount for slant six

-

60jerry

Reaction score
I mentioned this on slant6.org, but it needs mentioning here too.

Charrlie S sells a compressor mounting kit for the slant six that is just great. I recently got one of Charlie's kits and it fits just perfectly and is eaxy to install. Since I have Dutra Duals, I did have to re-do the rear brace, but that was an easy job. Get this kit if you want a good fit and not have to do any modifications to the radiator support. Just bolt the kit on, install your Sanden compressor and you are able to use the inboard crankshaft pulley that was used with the factory A/C systems from early sixties 'til whenever they quit building slant sixes.

Jerry in Denver

Hey CharrlieS, do you have a similar bracket for SB?
C

Any photos or links? I grabbed the brackets off a Volare slant that had a Sanden compressor. The setup is as heavy as the compressor, but includes provision for p.s. pump.

I only have the mount for the slant six. There are several companies that have mounts for V-8's, but only one basic mount for the slant and it is a pain on "A" bodies. I redesigned the mount a few years ago, and had them made. I am not supposed to advertise them on this site.

-
Back