A/C COMPRESSOR REAR MANIFOLD FITTING

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

67BARRICONVERT

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Does anyone have or know where I can find one of these fittings? (see pic #1) I am having trouble with this one leaking. I think its brass and it leaks dead center between the two mounting bolts. It seams that it is warping when the bolts are tightened and I was carefull not to over tighten them. I even machined the surface on my lathe and it still leaks. I am running R12 so I need to nip this in the bud or its gunna get expensive with the price of R12.
Its a 1967 Barracuda with factory air but I am not sure if the fitting is correct for that year. I have googled the hell out of this and I cannot find anything that looks like this one.
Thanks for the help.

IMG_5735.jpg

IMG_5736.jpg

IMG_5737.jpg

IMG_5738.jpg

That is a good 'ol STRONG fitting. If it warps it has been severely overtightened or the gasket is crap. I would inspect it with a light, magnifier, and a machined straightedge, and maybe try some fine sandpaper on a glass sheet, or very fine file CAREFULLY Also look for nicks and scrapes on both surfaces.

Also be very certain the bolts are not bottoming

(I don't remember if those are o-ring or flat gasket)

Thanks 67Dart, When I get it apart I will inspect it closely as you suggest and re-check the bolt length. I am going to try and find someone who has the equipment to recover the freon so I can put it back in. It has a flat gasket, but I wonder if turning a groove in it for an o-ring would be wise????

Might be, but I am thinking that those should be "low trouble."

Hello everyone,
Does anyone have or know where I can find one of these fittings? (see pic #1) I am having trouble with this one leaking. I think its brass and it leaks dead center between the two mounting bolts. It seams that it is warping when the bolts are tightened and I was carefull not to over tighten them. I even machined the surface on my lathe and it still leaks. I am running R12 so I need to nip this in the bud or its gunna get expensive with the price of R12.
Its a 1967 Barracuda with factory air but I am not sure if the fitting is correct for that year. I have googled the hell out of this and I cannot find anything that looks like this one.
Thanks for the help.

View attachment 1716104747

View attachment 1716104748

View attachment 1716104749

View attachment 1716104750
Wanted thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back