A Christmas Model Contest?

-
Nice details! Love the throttle reins!

Thanks man! I had to come up with something,......Looks the part, AND the "trim" where it goes through the body, is turned brass that I did to make that happen as well as the "bar in the front on the sleigh, that too is a turning on my lathe!

These parts? I'm singling them out, because the bass bar used, was given to me by my Dad the last time I seen him alive.....So, not only did I get the idea an help in order to make this happen something he provided me with, is in it too!

As far as the reins go, yeah, I had to come up with something! I don't think it gets to much more creative then that!

good job buddy im happy for ya

Now the real hard part!

What to choose for a prize!

So what'll it be? Here are you options:

1 kit of your choice from the prize vault. (2 NASCAR kits count as 1 kit)

3 random model car magazines ranging from 1991 to present. They are all in great condition. Titles include Model Car Magazine, Scale Auto or Car Modeler.

3 random new items of building supplies (glue bottles, glue tips, blades, spray paint, paint jars, etc)

2 random new aftermarket products from Detail Master, Model Car Garage, Revell engine packs, etc.

1 kit box full of random parts (will include 1-2 bodies)

Available kits will be listed shortly

I'm leaning toward a '57 Chrysler 300C as its not one I have!

Yeah Asa....The list shows a '57 Chrysler 300C, a '06 Dodge Viper, a '64 Dodge Deora, and a '88 Dodge Daytona......

I choose the 300C.....Couple guys told me there are some NICE details in that model. some you'll prolly see me mold! :D

that sounds sweet man . you know ive been thinking you should cast some strat ax for gassers .

Its not a straight axle, its a curved upwards on the ends to lower the front tires and ease the body slightly over the tires!

yes it was LOL BUT I might have a straight axle from a '55 Chevy (I think that it came off a model from my step son a while ago), and I just held onto it.. I'll have to look to make sure!

Keith,
That picture ----^

IS what "inspired" my sleigh build! :D

EDIT:

Go have a look on the first page!

-
Back