A classic car wrecking yard. dial up beware!!!

-
It starts with L and ends with L. Probably the same yard though. North west of Twin.

John, the pics don't do it justice.

C130, you want to go again when we do?

It would be cool if we could get several guys out there.

I wouldn't believe all those cars in one place if I hadn't seen the pictures. Re: the '57 Chrysler, is it the headlights that make it rare? Didn't they usually have another light on each side that wasn't really a headlight but gave the effect of 'quad' headlights?

Goldfish, It is the headlights. In California you couldn't have duel headlights in early 1957. I read somewhere before I found that car that there were maybe 0 of them built. Who knows.

I'd be up for a trek out there in the spring. I'm gonna be pretty scarce around Idaho for a while.

Goldfish, It is the headlights. In California you couldn't have duel headlights in early 1957. I read somewhere before I found that car that there were maybe 0 of them built. Who knows.

Actually I have seen them before, I think it may have been a Canadian built model. There are 3 or 4 in a NoDak junkyard I visited, they are definetly different!

Hey c stripes if you canfind anyone that is willing to hawl me from tennesse i will go with you if you go the room! LOL
All jokes aside i would go in a heart beat if it was not a halh world away. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Matt

I wouldn't believe all those cars in one place if I hadn't seen the pictures. Re: the '57 Chrysler, is it the headlights that make it rare? Didn't they usually have another light on each side that wasn't really a headlight but gave the effect of 'quad' headlights?

Actually, the '57 New Yorker I'm sitting on has quad lights hooked up, factory harness.

As to the junkyard it'd be nice to get in there and scrounge.

I have found that with a yard like that, the parts are over double in price if they have to ship. I am sure that if there is a group of us go, someone would be willing to ship something for you.

I would lose myself in there. I could see how you could lose eight hours in there and not know it. If Utah wasn't so far away I'd like to go.

:tongue9::tongue9:
THAT POOR AMC REBEL!:mumum:
Why can't I find a yard like that?!? I would never leave!

And I only have a two car trailer.Will he sell complete cars?I think I heard road trip?

He does and will sell complete cars. And yes, you did hear road trip! :)

AWESOME, Dreamland for sure! I would love to spend a couple days up there. I wonder what he'll want for one of those old 30's truck cabs or roadster body? Very cool and thanks for the peek, unbelievable!

I haven't set a date for when yet, but for real. Anyone that wants to come is welcome too. As for the orange 340 dart and the plum crazy gtx, my friends have saved them. :)

Nice car ****! It would be cool to check that place out and scrounge around for the day.

What a good find. I could have fun in there. I have to ask, do they have any fords, for a friend.

-
Back