A few minutes in the life of a Detroiter

-
I think you actually done what the majority of folks here would have done whether they are willing to admit it or not. Kudo's to you Dan.

i wont give to strangers but if my friends need help they got it i will help them anytime

How you reacted and how he responded shows he was truly in need by accepting food or a drink rather than refuse and only want money. Right now Detriot and Michigan are in really bad shape. We are the only state that including births for 2010 the population has decreased.

How you reacted and how he responded shows he was truly in need by accepting food or a drink rather than refuse and only want money. Right now Detriot and Michigan are in really bad shape. We are the only state that including births for 2010 the population has decreased.

really? I was not aware of that.

I see they have Tim Allen the actor doing the "pure Michigan" commercials now trying to wrangle in outsiders.

its a bummer because alot of Michigan is really beautiful and there is alot of heritage in this state and the UP is such an awesome place to vacation.

maybe one day some of the glory will come back to MI, who knows.

i too have been scammed by con-artist posing to be homeless,

on lunch break, i went to store. got out of car and a woman walked up to me and asked for 20 bucks so she and the infant in her hands could get a bus ticket back home, as their car broke down. but the way she was pacing, i kinda knew already. i gave her the 20 bucks, went in the store. came out, i did not see her. well as i was pulling out, i see her come out of store with cigs, but no baby. she looks at me, i look at her....... she runs to a car with some thug driving. jumps in and sticks the finger at me!. boy was i heated. but then said to myself, that i had givin to her on my own terms mentally. so what she does with it, who cares. i gave it to her on the assumption of the child in her arms.

now my other point of veiw is this. people chastise others on here for stripping cars. we are called flippers.

i had the same job for 14 years. it went under. and in this economy, my field of work dried up. i chose to either rob,steal to buy food and shelter for my family, or go out and find money the right way. so i choose to "flip". whether it be tools, cars, parts. i buy and sell anything. some times i can make 5 bucks on an item, sometimes i can make 500.00 on something. but i know that everyone thinks"oh, it so easy to buy stuff, then resell it" NO, that is so far from the truth. i may sit on 2,000 dollars into something for months, or put out 1,000 and when the item does sell, maybe make 50 bucks on it. but that 50.00 goes a long way in this tough economy.

i feel that this country is doing pretty good. we all know it is not right to commit crimes, but all these families out there that cannot pay their bills, or have shelter for their children, i give them a free pass to do what is nessacary to supply for their young. i am not saying that anarchy is correct, but what do you exspect them to do/? let them die? no. how can you tell them to get a job, when there is none????????? companies are laying off, left and right.

Christ new what was in your heart when you gave her the money, that's all that matters. Both her and her boyfriend sound like lowlifes/thiefs and will stand in judgement before God just like all of us will. If someone asks me for money, I will get them some food but I no longer give money directly to them. MMG

Let me tell you about a story my brother and sister in law once related to me. They were driving somewhere,and there happenned to be a tramp hitching a ride. They gave him one. Turned out he was a priest wandering the nantion,perhaps looking for answeres,who knows? They fed hiim,sheltered him for a day and sent him on his way.

Then it happened. The next week they won a car in a petro canada gas station contest. With the sale of the vehicle they made enough money to pay thier taxes owed on thier business,which they until then,had no clue how they were going to pay.

Weird huh? Still seems a bit crazy to call this stranger christ,but the good luck has kept rolling for them ever since.

You just never know...

-
Back