A few pics of barracuda project.

-
Few pictures of today's, paint underside of car in colour.

IMG_0855.JPG

IMG_1475.JPG
IMG_1478.JPG
Test fit my hdk k member, and hardware. This project been slow going, but making some progress.still on schedule to finish 2019.

Change my direction on the engine, now going to a gen 3. 6.4 hemi, instead of the 440. Will have to buy different engine mounts, ones in pic are for big block.

Working on rear spoiler, tools are crude, use what you have I guess. It’s along way from being finished, but I am happy so far. Want to make it completely out of metal, and be bolt on. Still might weld it to the car if not happy with bolt on look.
To start off I will make it out of two pieces, then cut the trunk lines after temporary installed. Have no idea if this spoiler plan will work, if not it’s only costing me a little time and a bit of sheet metal. Here’s a few pics how things are going so far.

6F3599A1-2000-407E-8474-C7CB97FCB5B7.jpeg

85219B47-F779-4825-B45C-1DE17133C14E.jpeg

ADE045B0-6A84-46A4-8BED-978CFA41EFC1.jpeg

Here a sample piece on the left,and a full piece next to it. The full piece still needs to be pressed to a smaller diameter. Then trimmed to finished size.

C15F5FE6-8193-40BC-B813-65DAC683E569.jpeg

7615A11E-012A-405E-A682-16C742376D04.jpeg

Rough mock up of sample piece, plan on making top where arrow is pointing, a smaller diameter still.

This next picture I will remove about 3/8 on a inch where the arrow is pointing. This will layback the spoiler a little more.

B114A719-0B17-43D3-B393-88020D53FBC5.jpeg

Awesome job. Those minitubs look like they were factory done that way. I love stuff like that where its modded but done that well it doesnt look like its been touched. Not sure on the rear holes , however you are correct w the seat dimples being bucket seat holes. The outboard holes already have reinforcements for them underneath, the inboard do not. You notice the creases on either side of the inboard holes, thats to mount reinforcing plates on these holes. They are welded to the top of the floorpan on the inside of the car. Seems wierd to me. I would think maybe underneath would have been better, but maybe this way was easier for assembly line purposes, and to keep water from getting in between and rotting out the mount.

i eyeballed a 69 GTS 340 4 speed bucket seat dart a buddy of mine has, got the measurements for the plates off it, and made my own. Installed em the same way his were in the dart. On the top side of the floor pan. The reinforcing plates are pretty inexpensive though. I think you can get em off evilbay for $25 for a set of 4. My pix are a bit fuzzy but i had to enlarge them. If you cant find em, i can make up as set to sell you, or i can send you a cardstock template. They are essentially flat square plates with a hole in the middle, and one corner cut off .

Hope this helps.
Matt

Screenshot_20180226-050112.jpg

Screenshot_20180226-050249.jpg

Last edited:
Is that a single stage on the underside?.......what sheen did you go with?
Did you hit it with 600....or just a scuff?
It looks great.

Done a couple of 6.4 in 67-76 A bodies.....you will need to remove the small factory oil cooler and use a remote cooler. The factory intake on the 6.4 has a sensor (?) on the rear of the intake that bumps agains the wiper motor. Some have swapped to the 6.1 intake

Last edited:
I like the black underside too. I was going to go body color on my 67 notch, but am starting to like the black more.

Awesome job. Those minitubs look like they were factory done that way. I love stuff like that where its modded but done that well it doesnt look like its been touched. Not sure on the rear holes , however you are correct w the seat dimples being bucket seat holes. The outboard holes already have reinforcements for them underneath, the inboard do not. You notice the creases on either side of the inboard holes, thats to mount reinforcing plates on these holes. They are welded to the top of the floorpan on the inside of the car. Seems wierd to me. I would think maybe underneath would have been better, but maybe this way was easier for assembly line purposes, and to keep water from getting in between and rotting out the mount.

i eyeballed a 69 GTS 340 4 speed bucket seat dart a buddy of mine has, got the measurements for the plates off it, and made my own. Installed em the same way his were in the dart. On the top side of the floor pan. The reinforcing plates are pretty inexpensive though. I think you can get em off evilbay for $25 for a set of 4. My pix are a bit fuzzy but i had to enlarge them. If you cant find em, i can make up as set to sell you, or i can send you a cardstock template. They are essentially flat square plates with a hole in the middle, and one corner cut off .

Hope this helps.
Matt
Here a couple of pictures of the plates I installed for the bucket seats. They were drilled from underneath the car to keep factory location, and seam sealer was applied on the edges, to keep them water tight.

View attachment 1715146515

View attachment 1715146516

4859C802-E64A-413A-8080-BC8D6CCB6B22.jpeg

E4086A0B-7E1E-4983-B989-A21726D96639.jpeg

This might help, as from the factory. The outboard mounts didn't have the plates, bench mount holes got a plug (seen on right side).

Alan
2001-06-23_063.jpg

It looks great.

Done a couple of 6.4 in 67-76 A bodies.....you will need to remove the small factory oil cooler and use a remote cooler. The factory intake on the 6.4 has a sensor (?) on the rear of the intake that bumps agains the wiper motor. Some have swapped to the 6.1 intake

The paint I used was a single stage, ( ful- thane 2k urethane topcoat. Is quality) The entire bottom of the car was sanded up tp 400 grit before painted. The colour is magnetic grey, code J7.

Thanks....is that considered a gloss?

getting ready to shoot the California Flash. Did a test on the underside of the hood and decklid in a single stage gloss....needless to say, I am gonna scuff / sand w/ 600 and have them re-shot w/ a semi-gloss. Just too many imperfections for a gloss for my taste

The paint I used was a single stage, ( ful- thane 2k urethane topcoat. Is quality) The entire bottom of the car was sanded up tp 400 grit before painted. The colour is magnetic grey, code J7.
Thanks
It looks great.

Here a picture Denny of the firewall, I move the wipe inside, and French the opening. The new wiper motor is out of a 2013 model dodge, it is tiny and work very good. Thinking ahead I thought I was going to need room for the hemi swap.

9A99E6C9-A2E5-4396-BF6C-3ED15B2C1CF4.png

getting ready to shoot the California Flash. Did a test on the underside of the hood and decklid in a single stage gloss....needless to say, I am gonna scuff / sand w/ 600 and have them re-shot w/ a semi-gloss. Just too many imperfections for a gloss for my taste

Not sure Denny if this is gloss or semi, I think it might be a gloss. A lot of work was done underneath the car, it looks pretty good as is. The car goes in for body and paint April or May, will post pics when done.

I agree....nicely done.

firewall looks good too.....for me, a build is all about the details., and so far....you have nailed 'em.

Mopar to ya'

I agree....nicely done.

firewall looks good too.....for me, a build is all about the details., and so far....you have nailed 'em.

Mopar to ya'
The master cylinder opening was covered, so I can use a willwood master cylinder without using their adapter plate. Their plate dose not cover the opening fully. When the time comes I will make appropriate hole for the master cylinder. Been considering removing this portion of the fire wall where the arrow is pointing. If so I will weld a 14 gauge flat piece of metal in it place. This is just in case I use a hydraulic clutch. Hear lots of complaints that the fire wall flexing from using these. What do you think? My plan is to use mechanical linkages if they fix with the hemi.

D2979CE1-6976-4420-809B-16449230D50E.jpeg

-
Back