A little help Please.

-

CUDACOX

Reaction score
Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has a picture of their Edlebrock carb with throttle/kick down connection on a 340.I just bolted on my freshly rebuilt Eddie carb and noticed that the throttle cable is too close to the carb,if that makes any sense.What I mean is I have to pull it close to the carb in order to slide it on the adapter for the throttle/kick down. Any pic's would be helpful.Thanks in advance.

Could you post a picture of your carb by chance?

I will.Just a quick,maybe stupid question.. Do I need a special adapter for the throttle/kick down hook-up to go on this Eddie?

Well, there is the basic adapter for the carb for either a Holley or Edelbrock for use with MoPar or Fords. If you check on line at like Summit racing you'll see it.

Currently I'm on my I-phone and lack skills on its useage, apologies.
But this bracket is a common useage item for all but Chevy and AMC cars. There cheap at like $10.

It will move the attaching point to the driver side approx. 1 inch and rear wards approx. the same amount to make the throttle cable easy to attach. While it is not always perfect. There should t be a problem in retaining the OE cable for use.

Moving the cable forward to its max position would be the worst. You may also have to push on the carb rearward before tightening it down.

This is the worst I have seen though it has always worked.

Lets see if this picture works, 1st attempt via the phone.

Oh good, well, though sideways, the rear carb has the adapter.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 81
O.K. Thanks boy's! I Had a brain fart this morning! I do have that adapter kicking around.I used it before on a different carb. It will work now. If I have anymore trouble I'll be sure to call on you! Thanks again!

-
Back