A little modern style on classic iron

-

Map63Vette

Reaction score
So my mom loves the new fender to hood stripes on the new Challengers and I had a can of the Duplicolor car art sitting around, so I figured why not give it a shot for some fun. I have to say it looks pretty neat and I think I'll probably make them a more permanent addition in the future. Planning on a bumblebee stripe on the back too at some point, but I didn't think I'd have enough paint to try it with the can I had so I didn't want a half done job, lol.

IMAG0052.jpg

I think they need to be wider and go up close to the scoop...right now they look like electrical tape. The car looks nice and clean as is.

A black bumble bee stripe would look good on the silver . . .the fender/hood stripe is not doing it for me. If you like it, I agree that it would look better wider and meeting up with the black on the hood scoop . . .JMO

I think they need to be wider and go up close to the scoop...right now they look like electrical tape. The car looks nice and clean as is.

DITTO

They need to be wider and up to the scoop somehow.
Actually since you went this far, I would Paint 2 solid stripes from the edge of the hood going under the scoops up front.
It would look like they went through the scoops and out the sides of the scoop. I can picture that.

DITTO

They need to be wider and up to the scoop somehow.

X2 I would take the front stripe and make it wider by adding to it bringing it towards the front of the car, the back strip make it wider by adding to the back and taking it closer to the door, the gap between the two looks good

Don't like it but then I don't like it on the new Challengers either. If you like it thats all that matters.

I agree on the wider, once I took the tape off they looked a little wimpy. Then again it's removable paint so I can change it whenever I want, lol. I like something to break up the silver. There's a lot of it staring you in the face when you're next to the car and it's pretty dang bright. I'll probably end up with a fiberglass hood in the end, so I'll just leave it flat black and not have to worry about it. I would really like to try out the bumblebee stripe though. I wish some place in town would carry the stuff in stock, I had to order it last time.

-
Back