A minor screw up on my part, LOL

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
I have an old recliner which is basically "where I live" when sat down in the house. I guess about year and a half ago I damaged the foot gear such that it's a struggle to get the thing folded back in. I got tired of messin with that so today I dumped it upside down and looked it all over, then got a cut off wheel and cut the 4 links going to the foot rest stuff.

Well now, LOL, I can struggle it upright with the hand lever, but it doesn't lock. So basically, "it's reclined" all the time. This is not terrible, I can sit down into it, Geez.

On a side note, if I EVER get my hands on the engineers who design this crap..................

There is some merit in the paper cup/plate mentality of many Americans.

It might be less effort to find another chair. All my aunt's and uncles bought premium furniture at some point. The older stuff was amazing quality.

My cousin 'missed a turn' moving furniture for my mother and flipped my uncle's pickup truck (balled tires, stupidly cheap family) and the LAZY BOY piece of furniture supported the weight of the vehicle while upside down.

Perhaps you can shop for an older lazy boy. It's not quite the same as a used mattress, and could be reupholstered for a fair price if wanted-but those frames were no joke.

I don't remember where you live. But there used to be stores that sold that kind of stuff.

It MIGHT be less effort. Then again you might love the challenge. I hope that you are doing well sir!!

There is some merit in the paper cup/plate mentality of many Americans.

It might be less effort to find another chair. All my aunt's and uncles bought premium furniture at some point. The older stuff was amazing quality.

My cousin 'missed a turn' moving furniture for my mother and flipped my uncle's pickup truck (balled tires, stupidly cheap family) and the LAZY BOY piece of furniture supported the weight of the vehicle while upside down.

Perhaps you can shop for an older lazy boy. It's not quite the same as a used mattress, and could be reupholstered for a fair price if wanted-but those frames were no joke.

I don't remember where you live. But there used to be stores that sold that kind of stuff.

It MIGHT be less effort. Then again you might love the challenge. I hope that you are doing well sir!!
Everything made today has built in obsolescence.

We have thrift stores, but many do not carry ANY furniture. So it is hit and miss. This one actually came off CL. It was in really nice shape, and I bought it ?? 10 ?? years ago or so, so I really don't owe it much. But it WILL be a PITA getting it out and another in.

-
Back