A Monkee gone - Davy Jones passes at 66

-
TMZ reported Davy Jones -- lead singer of The Monkees -- died after suffering a heart attack this morning.
An official from the medical examiner's office for Martin County, Florida confirmed they received a call from Martin Memorial Hospital informing them that Jones had passed away.
A rep for the singer said Jones suffered a heart attack at his home this morning ... and was transported to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Jones is survived by his wife Jessica and 4 daughters from previous marriages. He was 66-years-old. Jones was married to Jessica Pacheco -- his 3rd wife.
Jones joined The Monkees in 1965 ... along with Micky Dolenz, Michael Nesmith and Peter Tork ... and together they churned out a bunch of hugely popular songs including 3 number 1 hits -- "Daydream Believer," "Last Train to Clarksville" and "I'm a Believer."

The group was initially cast by TV producers who wanted to create a scripted series about an actual rock n' roll band. But the group exploded, and Jones in particular became a Beatles-caliber heartthrob.
The Monkees songs were covered by huge bands like Coldpay, and Smash Mouth's version of "I'm a Believer" was famously featured in "Shrek."

Davy's last performance was on February 19th in Oklahoma -- the night before, he performed "Daydream Believer" and "It's Nice to Be with You" at the BB King Blues Club in NYC ... and he looked totally fine.

I am spell bound to what to say, He will be mist and was apart of my young gun history,

Thank you for some great memories Davey Jones and thank you ocdart :glasses7: Here in this video you will see there car and some great moments. I better go back and make sure this video has been posted :eek:ops:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO_5vwc7giM"]For Pete's Sake - YouTube[/ame]

more time should be spent remembering a true lagend like Davy Jones and other truely talented ppl, than on the ODed crackheads that have been in the spotlight, so undeserving.......houston :eek:ops:.

But really Davy Jones was soo good and his music made soooo many happy. im 25 and even i remember all the re-runs of the Monkees... me and my sister would sing along to those timeless clean lyric songs.

My heart has a special place for legends like the Monkees RIP Davy Jones.

Pontiac but cool none the less

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTnCPSYEQFA"]The Monkeemobile drives around town 1966-1967 - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back