A new A-Body in the fold; 1960 "Valiant" V200

-

mario03srt

Reaction score
All,

I picked up a very cool new car to play with and have some fun. A 1960 Valiant with a 1962 225 (built). This appears to have been a purpose built 225/6 for drag racing. I has a 232 cu in motor built to Clifford specs by a race engine shop from Cali. Currently sporting a 600 Holley. Long Tube HeadersOther features of the car include; A-833 Tranny/Hurst Shifter, 8 3/4 3.23 open diff (the 4.56 SG was removed), Traction Bars, 2 Step, Front Line Locks, Elec Exhaust Dump, Alum Rad, Gages, Rear Battery. Currently has a stock dizzy and MSD Box/Coil in it but also came with a DUI HEI Dizzy/Coil, MSD Coil, along with some spare carbs, Offy Int 4 bbl and a dual point dizzy.

Car had an earlier restoration is very nice underneath too. 92 k original miles. I added a newer valve cover with a pcv setup, and an KN air cleaner, oil change.

Should be a fun project as I learn the /6 225 and this classic MOPAR.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Marion

1960 Valiant Engine 2.JPG

1960 Valiant Engine.JPG

1960 Valiant Front.JPG

1960 Valiant Side.JPG

Very nice! If I wasn't buried in project cars at the moment I might do something about my lust for a toad. They are oh-so-cool...

Very nice! If I wasn't buried in project cars at the moment I might do something about my lust for a toad. They are oh-so-cool...
I surprised myself by getting this one. but I could not pass on it with the setup and condition. It is Very Stylish! Most everyone so far digs it.

I had to go back and get my 62, something about them sticks in your brain.

I have always loved the Toads. So unique and wife claims ours. I even had a 62 Dart (B body painted and ready to become its mate! \
I bought what that "kid" claimed was a good running slant a couple years ago, but after we meet half way to Hell and I got it home it only turned over part way, so I put it on the back burner..Another story.

Toads. Way more rare than any hemi car and way more unique by far....just not as expensive!!!!

-
Back