A New Hoosier Member

-

Mopar Grandpa

Reaction score
Hello, I am brand new to the site and look forward to being part of this Mopar family. I am currently on B bodies too since I have both.

Welcome to the forum. Which A & B bodies do you own?

Attachments

• 1 (2).jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 162
  • EPV0325.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 123
  • EPV0129.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 171
  • EPV0346.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 149
  • EPV0350.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 144
Love your rides tell us more about your fish i'm building Hemi for mine right now. I see Indy valve covers are you running there heads etc, car is awsome. Tell us more please.

Love your rides tell us more about your fish i'm building Hemi for mine right now. I see Indy valve covers are you running there heads etc, car is awsome. Tell us more please.
Well I completed the car in August of 2008 and the entire engine was built by Indy Cylinder Head and includes their Legend 1 alum. heads. It's a 432 c.i. 10.25:1 compression engine that produces 511 h.p. and 502 ft. lbs of torque on 92 octane pump gas. I told Kenny that I wanted a streetable engine that set you back in the seat when you matted it and he came thru and then some.
Rick Allison of A&A Transmission built the transmission and it carries a Dana 60 with 3.73 gears.
The entire front end is fiberglass, has not been tubbed and has a bone stock interior.
Paint and body work was done by a friend of mine and the underside of the car is almost as nice as the topside.
Mike Roth of MR2 Performance (builder of many SS/AH cars) helped me alot with this build especially the fabrication of the headers as you can't order them on line.
This car is an absolute blast to drive and has been in Mopar Action Magazine, World of Wheels winner and some other 1st place awards.
It was never intended to be a Hemi car but the story is way too long to post. Glad you like it and I hope yours turns out the way you want it as I don't think there are too many of these cars roaming the streets.

Attachments

• IMG_1438.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 125
Drool GP, amazing stable and you my friend have great taste. That Cuda, just wow!
Added the Cuda to my photo album.

That is one beautiful car it sure puts a lot of pressure on guys like me to keep up.

How do you like the cross ram not quite sure what I am going to do with mine I have a in line dual quad but really like the look of the cross ram, just not sure how street able they are. I am also trying to figure out what heads to run I have stock 66 heads but am thinking about stage V also talked to Indy they just recommended their new sr heads, not sure if they will make enough power though. And yes Headers will be a nightmare. What kind of k member are running, sorry for all the questions but I am right in the thick of it with my car right now and any suggestions would be helpfull. Mine is mini tubbed, Dana with 4.56 and a 4 speed it is going to the chassie guy wednesday to install the coil overs. This should be fun once I get all the running gear done and drive it for while then it will come apart and get cleaned up and repainted hopefully it will look as nice as yours.

Welcome to FABO

your 68 fish it´s my absolute favorite

attachment.php

Drool GP, amazing stable and you my friend have great taste. That Cuda, just wow!
Added the Cuda to my photo album.
Thank for the Kuddo's. A lot of planning and a lot of quality craftsmen went into this build to make it as nice as it is. Since I did not do all the work I can not take all the credit but thanks for the compliment.

That is one beautiful car it sure puts a lot of pressure on guys like me to keep up.

How do you like the cross ram not quite sure what I am going to do with mine I have a in line dual quad but really like the look of the cross ram, just not sure how street able they are. I am also trying to figure out what heads to run I have stock 66 heads but am thinking about stage V also talked to Indy they just recommended their new sr heads, not sure if they will make enough power though. And yes Headers will be a nightmare. What kind of k member are running, sorry for all the questions but I am right in the thick of it with my car right now and any suggestions would be helpfull. Mine is mini tubbed, Dana with 4.56 and a 4 speed it is going to the chassie guy wednesday to install the coil overs. This should be fun once I get all the running gear done and drive it for while then it will come apart and get cleaned up and repainted hopefully it will look as nice as yours.
When I decided to do this build I wanted to have a streetable version of the SS/AH race car and that is why I chose the cross ram intake. It performs flawlessly on the street and you wouldn't have any problems. However, if I were going for performance, over the WOW factor, I would have used a single high rise and 850 Holley. When Indy Cylinder Head dynoed the engine Kenny wanted me to see the difference between the 2 intake systems. The single carb set up made 75 more h.p. due to the small and restrictive runners on the cross ram. But don't misunderstand; with the Legend 1 alum. heads and the cross ram the car is still a handful and the throttle response is immediate, no stumble or hesitation at all. I like the look of the cross ram and it has plenty of kick for the street. I would listen to the folks at Indy but in order for anyone to recommend the correct head I'm sure they need to know what cam you plan to use, the cars weight, gears, etc. etc. and the intended use of the car.
Concerning the headers; they have to be custom fabricated. I was blessed to have a friend that has built many sets for the SS/AH boys and their cudas and darts so building mine was fairly easy.
My front suspension is bone stock, including the K member. I just used a center sump pan and everything worked perfect. The only modification in the engine bay is the passenger side shock tower and relocating the master cylinder with an offset plate that I got from Mike at MR2 Performance, same guy that did my headers. I tried the offset plate from Mancini but it didn't work for MY application.
With your gearing and a 4 speed your car should be very wicked and nasty! Hang on.
If I can be of any more help just ask. I don't know everything but didn't have to get the heat wrench out once during my build.
How about posting some pictures for us?

Welcome to FABO

your 68 fish it´s my absolute favorite

attachment.php
Thank you so much and it's great to see that our hobby has no borders. If the leaders of all countries were classic car owners there would be no wars, only large scale bench racing and large car shows. Wonder what this would look like heading down the Autoboun ? (sp?)

Thanks for the info Mopar Grandpa I'll see if I can find some pics of my car for you, but a quick look is my avatar. You should check out. HemiDenny's car it is going together now and is going to be awesome. It's another Hemi car, he has a thread going.

-
Back