A new Washington member

-

fshd4it

Squid inc
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello! I joined up a couple months ago, but thought i'd stop in and say Hi before posting or joining in any discussions. I bought my '74 Duster about 3 years ago, first A-body I've had, and lurked on here a bit to learn more about the differences between them and the B/E cars. It was a slant/904 car, but received a 360, 727, and 8 3/4 before I got it. Spent a couple years working the bugs out, which became everything but the engine and rearend (which is next on the list). Always seems to take longer than you think... Anyway, nice to be part of the group finally. Karlin.

20130910_152932.jpg

Hello! I joined up a couple months ago, but thought i'd stop in and say Hi before posting or joining in any discussions. I bought my '74 Duster about 3 years ago, first A-body I've had, and lurked on here a bit to learn more about the differences between them and the B/E cars. It was a slant/904 car, but received a 360, 727, and 8 3/4 before I got it. Spent a couple years working the bugs out, which became everything but the engine and rearend (which is next on the list). Always seems to take longer than you think... Anyway, nice to be part of the group finally. Karlin.

View attachment 1714959634
Welcome in...from just a bit North of y'all.

Nice Duster! There is a wealth of information available here and some really good folks too!

Thanks, it's pretty fun. I think it may have been a bracket car from the Woodburn, Oregon area earlier in life, but went through a couple owners before I got it. So everything's a mystery until I tear into it. Which, to me, is where the fun is.

Thanks for all the nice comments. Trust me, it's a 20 footer (well, maybe 10), but at least the body and paint are good enough not to worry about for a while. The 360 it came with is pretty healthy, and with 3.91's it'll make me pay attention real quick. I thought I'd take up racing when I first bought it, but have realized a street car is just more enjoyable to me...so I've been going more in that direction with what I've done. But the looks at the gas station when I pop the trunk to fill the fuel cell are fun. Getting rid of the skinnies on the front and making sure the rear end is good are the last things on my list. At least for the time being.

-
Back