A piece of junk.

-

sireland67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My 6 year old grand daughters first reaction to my next project is, Pap you did not buy a car you bought a piece of junk.
1970 challenger, solid floors, frame and trunk, roller some assembly required.

x1ZFap.jpg

My old truck I used to tow it home with.
8Sf1gb.jpg

There might be more E-bodies left than there are square body dodge trucks.lol nice find and nice tow rig!

I get the same reaction of all my projects from my family and girlfriend. Feel like I was born in wrong generation. Nice E body. Dustin

There might be more E-bodies left than there are square body dodge trucks.lol nice find and nice tow rig!

Thanks, I bought the old dodge truck off the original owner about 5 years ago, his kids made him sell it because he kept running into everything.
The truck only had 79,000 miles.
I dropped a healthy 360 mag in it, it pulls great with the NP435 trans.
8Umodb.jpg

Challenger is nothing special 318, auto car, western sport special.

I like it. And that's my Wife's same same reaction to some of the cars I brought home over the years.

My wife made the comment, "I taught her well"

Thanks, I bought the old dodge truck off the original owner about 5 years ago, his kids made him sell it because he kept running into everything.
The truck only had 79,000 miles.
I dropped a healthy 360 mag in it, it pulls great with the NP435 trans.
View attachment 1715064719
Challenger is nothing special 318, auto car, western sport special.
I like it!
Nothing wrong with a low-option car...gives you the freedom to make it your own! I know where you can get some parts when you need them :)
looking forward to seeing the progress!

I like it!
Nothing wrong with a low-option car...gives you the freedom to make it your own! I know where you can get some parts when you need them :)
looking forward to seeing the progress!

I will keep you in mind, I do need some minor stuff, the PO gave me the most of the car, interior, trim, but as you know there is something always missing.

My 6 year old grand daughters first reaction to my next project is, Pap you did not buy a car you bought a piece of junk.
1970 challenger, solid floors, frame and trunk, roller some assembly required.

View attachment 1715064711

My old truck I used to tow it home with.
View attachment 1715064712
LOL - kids huh?!! So now the question is: do you keep her in the loop while you work on it so she can see the transformation, or do you show it to her when you're done and remind her of the "junk" you brought home?

I bought a '70 Challenger WSS from the original owner back in 2000. Go-Mango with Burnt Orange interior. Another one I should have kept.

thanks. good info.

Bad info actually, at least some of it. WSS Challengers were made at Hamtramck after LA ceased all E-body production in or around early may of 1970.

WSS orders were built in Hamtramck after that.

LOL - kids huh?!! So now the question is: do you keep her in the loop while you work on it so she can see the transformation, or do you show it to her when you're done and remind her of the "junk" you brought home?

Or offer the first ride? Lol

She's six. Later on, with grandpa showing her the in's and out's, she'll have an eye for seeing an eye for seeing what it will be even as it sits in the garage as it is.

She will be there for the first ride, the wife and I have been raising her for the last 4 years, she sees the transfomation in alot of my old cars.
A few weeks ago she was amazed when I cut the 1/4 panel off the duster and put another one on it.
And she love riding in that old truck for some reason.

To help with the assembly part, I just brought home a 70 cuda' 340 - 4speed.
Cuda' is rotted bad, I will post some pics tomorrow evening.

As promised, this car is bad...
It does have a 340 4-speed.

6xeZTP.jpg

0XnQwF.jpg

N5CbPE.jpg

Those were the good pics.
Saved the best for last.
Front frame rails are gone.

qBuKXo.jpg

And lastly parts car status.

ecojEt.jpg

Its a H code car, engine is still in it, the corner of the hood was in the car. I bought it for the motor and trans, and a few parts that will fit the challenger.

Great - and you can sell the tags and numbers off it and recoup some money :).

LOL... Too bad it's that bad. But good parts car for sure.

-
Back