A pillar weatherstrip for 63 convertible

-

Hideogumperjr

Reaction score
Hi guys hope yall have had a nice summer, its been pretty nice in the Seattle area but the rains came today and I want more time with sun for my convertible.

I am looking for some help on the weather stripping on my 63 Dart convertible doors. The piece in question is attached to the door and runs at the vent window down about half way down the door. I have read a bunch of threads in regards to this and am still a little confused.

I have read some that say the weatherstripping is on the pillar itself and am wondering if this means the pillar is the body part or is it the door part or is it comprised of the two pieces? Nomenclature can be a ***** I find.
I am also looking for a supplier for that piece if anyone can help on that. I do find on Dante's 1963 convertible a pillar seal but it looks like it might be several pieces but I have not contacted them to ask as of yet.

Thanks in advance for the help folks.
Cheers!
John

Hi guys hope yall have had a nice summer, its been pretty nice in the Seattle area but the rains came today and I want more time with sun for my convertible.

I am looking for some help on the weather stripping on my 63 Dart convertible doors. The piece in question is attached to the door and runs at the vent window down about half way down the door. I have read a bunch of threads in regards to this and am still a little confused.

I have read some that say the weatherstripping is on the pillar itself and am wondering if this means the pillar is the body part or is it the door part or is it comprised of the two pieces? Nomenclature can be a ***** I find.
I am also looking for a supplier for that piece if anyone can help on that. I do find on Dante's 1963 convertible a pillar seal but it looks like it might be several pieces but I have not contacted them to ask as of yet.

Thanks in advance for the help folks.
Cheers!
John

HI John, that part is called a wing vent auxiliary seal it is part # alp 27 from metro molded products. it is a single piece for each wing vent window to help seal the wing vent to the A pillar (or windshield uprights). from water and wind noise.
!!!!!!Pillars.gif

and hide/seal the mounting screws for the wing vent . YES it does get glued to both the wing vent AND the door. I found it cheaper on Ebay that any other place (free shipping helped too!, but I did have to wait a bit for that)

!!!!wing vent seal.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks D that looks like it certainly. ! Does this fit my 63 convertible? I only find them for 4 door and sedans and hardtops.

Cheers!

Last edited:
-
Back