A quick chuckle....

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
A co-worker was telling me about having his buddies car dynoed last weekend. Said car is a Honda w/ a V-TEC loaded with all the bolt on goodies. While tastefully done, it's still a "Hot Rodded" Honda. Dyno results? V-TEC w/ chip, exhaust, cold air intake, and hotter cams, along with brake & suspension upgrades. Results? 215 HP @ the wheels. Torque? 157...... Yep. ONE HUNDRED FIFTY SEVEN FOOT POUNDS. Peak....

Geeez.... I think a big block starter motor puts out more :laughing:

What rpm was that peak hp at? Had to be over 8000. If you use these peak torque and hp figures in the hp formula, the engine would have to be turning almost 7200rpm. And since torque usually peaks before hp, I assume he must have been spinning it well beyond that. :roll:

Whatever 'bolt-ons' he put into that thing was a total waste of time and money. The ONLY way to get anything respectable out of a 2.something liter 4-banger is to turbo or supercharge it. Now that might make it interesting... NOT!

[quote="FASTBACK340" Yep. ONE HUNDRED FIFTY SEVEN FOOT POUNDS.

Imagine his 60ft with that much TORQUE, It would hard to beleve what that could do to a human body.. LOL :roll: :roll: :roll:

SB412DUSTER said:
[quote="FASTBACK340" Yep. ONE HUNDRED FIFTY SEVEN FOOT POUNDS.

Imagine his 60ft with that much TORQUE, It would hard to beleve what that could do to a human body.. LOL :roll: :roll: :roll:

I can just picture it:

At the line. :evil:

Wind it up to 7,000 rpm. :twisted:

Dump the clutch. :shock:

And it stalls..... :eek:ops:

I know a kid in Hawaii that has a civic hatchback daily driver that runs 10.0 and is hoping to get it into the 9's. I still can't get used to having big slicks in the front and skinnies on the back. Real cars smoke the rear tires, not the front.

I still can't get used to having big slicks in the front and skinnies on the back. Real cars smoke the rear tires, not the front.

Have you ever seen the FWD drag cars with wheelie bars? No, I'm not kidding. Yes, they say it keeps the front end planted better. Even a FWD car tends to lift the front of the body and unload the tires.

GotDart said:
I still can't get used to having big slicks in the front and skinnies on the back. Real cars smoke the rear tires, not the front.

Have you ever seen the FWD drag cars with wheelie bars? No, I'm not kidding. Yes, they say it keeps the front end planted better. Even a FWD car tends to lift the front of the body and unload the tires.
I've seen them with the pneumatic actuator that preloads them on the line :shock:

GotDart said:
Have you ever seen the FWD drag cars.....

Kinda reminds me of the old saying:

You can teach a Pig to dance, but in the end....
Your still dancin with a Pig.

But `no what? If you can't keep the waist band of your pants near your waist or put a ball cap on with the visor blocking the sun from your eyes, like it's designed to do, what makes you think hot-rodding a 4 cylinder is the wrong choice for the metally challenged?

We can't, and should NEVER, belittle those with learning disabilities....

-
Back