A Quick Note to Phoenix Specialty's Customers and Friends ...

-

CudaChick1968

Leanna ~ The Mistress of Metal
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
I know I don't typically share a lot of personal stuff here but something happened yesterday that my current customers and friends need to be aware of.

Billy's 78-year old dad took a tumble in their backyard yesterday afternoon and suffered a fairly severe broken hip. He was initially transported to Baptist Hospital in Union City where it was determined he would be better off 45 miles in the other direction at a hospital in Jackson, Tennessee. He has been scheduled for surgery and it's my understanding he will have a plate and a couple screws implanted.

I don't know at this early stage if his elderly parents are going to need / get home health assistance or if the day-to-day requirements of his recuperation are going to fall on our shoulders. I just figured it would be a good idea to post something now to alert everybody that I may have some extended and totally unavoidable absences from the shop while his dad gets back on both feet.

Rest assured I will continue to put in as many shop hours as I can to get your parts finished and back to you in a timely fashion. But his folks live about four miles from us and, since my man rarely leaves the house anyway, I foresee lots of trips back and forth over the next few weeks as his father gets back up to speed. The answering machine will always be on and I'll continue to respond to emails and return calls as time permits. Ya'll are used to seeing emails from me between 1:00 and 2:00 a.m. but they might be written even later [earlier??? :)] for awhile.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and patience.

Prayers and hopes for a speedy recovery from toolmanmike and family.

Prayers sent.
I had a few elderly relative that broke hips. The hip repairs went well, but infection and pneumonia afterwards were also a concern. Hope for a sucessful recovery.

sorry to hear about Billy's dad. My father fell and broke his hip years ago. doc told us that it is unknown in many elderly folks if they fall and break there hip or if they break there and (brittle bones) and then fall. Hope he makes a speedy recovery. You gonna help him out by showing up in a nurses uniform and those famous red heels of yours?

Billy and his mom said to tell everybody Thank You for the well wishes and prayers. I'll update this as I learn more.

Sorry to hear about Billy's Dad.....Best wishes for his surgery and prayers sent :angel2:

Here's hoping for a successful surgery and a speedy, full recovery. Keep up your spirits and your health, Leanna - times like this can be very trying on both.

-
Back