a sebring interior for my 66 dart

-
Any further progress on this project?? I've got a set of 2000 Sebring front seats located, in black leather even, but as yet unseen. The integral seat belts appealed to me, and the fabrication to make the seat mounting rigid enough for the unthinkable didn't put me off. This part kinda has me re-thinking the whole idea, though.

I thought 95-97 were one style(with wiring going to the module in the console) and 98(maybe 99) and newer were in the computer BUT you could use the 97 and earlier wiring and module to get it to work correctly.

I was completely unaware of the electrical aspect of the install. The guy at the salvage yard was not helpful ("I don' know nuthin' about that s**t" is a pretty close quote) So, I'm wondering about that controller issue, and about this project.

ATB and HAPPY NEW YEAR

BC

Seats look like they are going to work. Pretty cool.
Are you sticking with the stock steering wheel ?

Any further progress on this project?? I've got a set of 2000 Sebring front seats located, in black leather even, but as yet unseen. The integral seat belts appealed to me, and the fabrication to make the seat mounting rigid enough for the unthinkable didn't put me off. This part kinda has me re-thinking the whole idea, though.

I was completely unaware of the electrical aspect of the install. The guy at the salvage yard was not helpful ("I don' know nuthin' about that s**t" is a pretty close quote) So, I'm wondering about that controller issue, and about this project.

ATB and HAPPY NEW YEAR

BC

I just used 1 1/4"x1 1/4" angle iron to fab the mounts and 3"x4" 1/8 plate steel pads underneath the car. (mount seats on angle first).then drilled and bolted(3/8th x 1 1/2 bolts) the angle through the floor (tacked a few places on the pads to hold position) to the pads and
removed seats to finish tacking everything in place
View attachment DSCF3019.jpg
View attachment DSCF2893.jpg

controller is easy! just follow the wires from the drivers seat snag all of it that goes to the console. (I got the trunk lock button too!)

hmmm lemme go take a pic. ONLY a few year wiring harness works. I think it's till 1999 (someone correct me if I'm wrong), 2000 and up seats work but you need the 1996-99 wiring (2000 and later go into the computer)

grab this stuff that comes out from under the seat and goes under the console
View attachment DSCF3671.jpg

it should have the black box and assorted wiring , some you won't need but it's better to grab it all and discard the stuff you don't need.

here's a link to the wiring and how to do it.
http://www.corvairkid.com/sebring.htm

Seats look like they are going to work. Pretty cool.
Are you sticking with the stock steering wheel ?

I'm liking it more and more now that I have the seats installed and adjusted to my ride height. I might go to a 3 spoke(tuff wheel or grant) that's just slightly smaller but not by much.

I'm liking it more and more now that I have the seats installed and adjusted to my ride height. I might go to a 3 spoke(tuff wheel or grant) that's just slightly smaller but not by much.

Im looking for an original 2 spoke wheel.
let me know in a PM,if you want to let yours go.

Im looking for an original 2 spoke wheel.
let me know in a PM,if you want to let yours go.
Next month after a guy I know comes down from NY I'm supposed to go look at a his 66 more door for parts. if the wheel is any good I'll let you know.

Next month after a guy I know comes down from NY I'm supposed to go look at a his 66 more door for parts. if the wheel is any good I'll let you know.

Sounds good.
Thank you. :glasses7:

You've made so much progress with this work and it all is looking good.
Thanks for sharing and adding all those pics.
Keep up the good work, it's going to be a charmer!!!

-
Back