A starting point

-

lild

Reaction score
In my intro I posted some pics but thought Id post them here also with a little more info. I was searching for a smaller car that would get better mileage than my 70 V8 truck, not hard to do, and came across this car on craigslist. It was advertised in Chicago which is around 90 miles from where I live but ended up being only a couple miles from my house. It was a barn find that the previous owner was able to get running and driving and it runs great, is really quiet and drives down the road as smooth as any late model car Ive ever been in. Itll be a great driver and a fun car for the family to cruise in while fixing it up

Attachments

• Valiant 1-19-12 006.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 123
  • Valiant 1-19-12 005.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 125
  • Valiant 1-19-12 004.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 115
  • Valiant 1-19-12 003.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 120
  • Valiant 1-19-12 002.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 111
  • Valiant 1-19-12 001.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 114
COOL! nice car
seats look a bit out of place but functional
not to sure about the wood panel door panels though!

Body looks in great shape albeit missing some trim and since it's a Plymouth and the block is red it must be a 225. A /6 225 in an A-Body is a sleeper, just be careful with the 7.25 rear end. Have fun.

I loved my 63 Valiant, Congratulations , I know what you mean about these cars giving a great ride. Looks like the same color interior as my 66 I drive daily. Is it a 225 /6 or a 170/6 ? see if a magnet will stick to the block, I think they put some of the aluminum blocks in this year model or hid them there :coffee2:

Attachments

• i6364.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 94
  • i6360.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 97
Yeah Im not diggin the buckets. May have to hunt down an original bench.
The door panels are cut good and fit great so they will make a good backing for some sort of covering.
The trim was taken off by the previous owner for painting. He still has it and I need to go pick all that up.
Havent checked into the engine yet. Previous owner said its a 170. This is the first Chrysler product Ive ever owned so Im clueless. Thats why Im here where the experts are:prayer:

memike, the interior is a combination of two different browns and an off white or very faded beige. The headliner looks like an off white and the dash and seats are two toned. Yours looks nice

get that trim before it gets lost!
otherwise it will be a real PITA to have to replace

get that trim before it gets lost!
otherwise it will be a real PITA to have to replace

Im kinda torn on that issue. Im not sure that I want to put it back on. I may just "shave it". Although I am going to go get it just to have in case I do decide to use it or keep around to use later if I change my mind.

Quick and easy way to tell if it's a 225,look at the waterpump bypass hose,if it's around 3 inches long it's a 225.If shorter around 1 1/2 inches it will be a 170. My 63 has a 170 auto and came with 3.23 gears. I swapped the rear for 2.76 to handle the freeways here in Vegas. Good for the low 20's in MPG. That thing looks great for a 50 year old car.
Get all the parts you can even if you never put them back on the car. For me the main selling point is if the car is complete, that way I don't have to pay big bucks for things like trim.Enjoy it !!

-
Back