A Sure Sign Of Spring

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Kitty and I were sitting out in the yard swing tonight enjoying the mild weather. All of a sudden we started seeing lots of lightening bugs everywhere. I mean a LOT of them. I believe Beauregard Lee got it right. We're having an early spring.

Was down by the sound walking the dog and the sea lions were barking up a storm.....I'd say you are correct.

Kitty and I were sitting out in the yard swing tonight enjoying the mild weather. All of a sudden we started seeing lots of lightening bugs everywhere. I mean a LOT of them. I believe Beauregard Lee got it right. We're having an early spring.
Lightening bugs, we haven't seen any of those in years

Saw three Sandhills cranes flying in West Michigan a week ago, which is early. Also have had a starling hanging out on my bird feeder for a few weeks. Odd.

We have snow in forecast for Friday....grrrr

For one , I`m ready , hate cold weather ! W is lurking in the back ground still yet tho...

Snow for us in Wisconsin, Spring won't hit us until late April. We don't even plant our gardens until well after Mother's Day

Trees budding here and the pollen count is around 1100, birds are also starting to nest.

Used to see hundreds on a given evening in OH.

In FL we typically see 1 or 2 in about 3 years.

Used to see hundreds on a given evening in OH.

In FL we typically see 1 or 2 in about 3 years.
I don't know about lightning bugs, but i sure remember I remember the "love bugs" clogging to grill and radiator, like a black cloud !

We had kind of a light love bug season last year.

Usually that means a real heavy season this year.

...and usually after a heavy season, we get two seasons the next year!

I hope you guys are correct about an early spring. We deserve it here. We usually get a good thaw at least once. Usually in February. Got more snow than usual this February. I have not seen dirt in 4 months now.

Also lots of spider webs already. That's always a sign. Trees have pollen everywhere and it's early for that. The cars are already yellow. lol In our extended 15 day forecast we have ONE day with a low at 39 and I bet it doesn't make it.

Chuck Wills Widow. Lightning bugs. It's here.
We had kind of a light love bug season last year.

Usually that means a real heavy season this year.

...and usually after a heavy season, we get two seasons the next year!
I saw my first yesterday. Ick.

Lightning bugs are cool!

Bio-Luminescence is just cool, period.

I hope you guys are correct about an early spring. We deserve it here. We usually get a good thaw at least once. Usually in February. Got more snow than usual this February. I have not seen dirt in 4 months now.
It's not us that are correct. It's God. We're having an early spring. He has spoken.

Meanwhile in so cal it’s been raining for 7 days straight. Our local mountains have more snow than they’ve had since the early 80s. Mammoth mountain has more snow in inches than any peak in the country. Mt Baldy got 7 feet on Saturday night.

-
Back