A tactic for traffic revenge on a business owner

-
What would you have done if it wasn't a rolling billboard with contact info on it?

Good question, but under the circumstances there would'nt be much a person could do is there?
Cops around here don't do crap so reporting it would be pointless.
See that's part of the problem is these people have no deterrent for running lights and stop signs, not using signals, tailgating and you have to be going pretty fast for a speeding ticket.

Good question, but under the circumstances there would'nt be much a person could do is there?
See that's part of the problem is these people have no deterrent for running lights and stop signs, not using signals, tailgating and you have to be going pretty fast for a speeding ticket.
And I maintain that we do not need more laws. We need enforcement of the existing laws.

More and more people are abusing each other in some way or another just because they think they can get away with it, not held accountable.
Tolerance is best kept a 2 way street.
I'll tolerate a person for being "who they are" or however they want to put it, and they can tolerate me when I call em on BS. :thumleft:

I'm with you on this one. I consider myself to be a courteous driver and fairly tolerant. But it chaps my a$$ when someone run a redlight just about hits me then flips me the bird because I almost interrupted their phone call when I blow my horn. You don't need to go all road rage or kickass on the guy. You just need to mess with their self centered world a little.
Well done:thumleft:

Rude and dangerous drivers chap my *** too. I pride myself in my ability to drive well. I cannot take any credit. I was taught by the best. Daddy. He was a mailman for 36 years. I still have his safe driving award pins from all.......you guessed it. 36 years. That said, it's the most dangerous thing to get angry behind the wheel. If there's an incident and you or someone else aren't hurt and there's no collision, anything other than down the road you go is a stupid waste of time, IMO. Nothing good will come of it. You can what if all day long about the next time. Think about this. That guy also has access to all of the modern technology that you do. He lives only blocks away as you said earlier. Don't be too quick to dismiss his intelligence as less than yours. You may well start something that you will regret. This kinda stuff right here is a huge part of what's wrong with our country, IMO. Everybody always trying to one up the other guy. Who gives a damn? No good will come out of it, so why even go there? This has to be the stupidest thread ever about the stupidest subject ever. Like a school yard bully lookin for a fight. Grow the hell up already.

You should have immediately got on your phone and reported his dangerous driving and added that he appeared to be drunk.

They would have came after him then , and he had probably been drinking anyway;)

I guess you could call it ego if I don't want my car to get run into from someone doing something stupid on purpose.

That didn't happen.

I guess you could call it ego if I feel that holding a person accountable for thier actions is someone elses job.

It's the job of the police. Revenge is not a "right" in this country. "Self help" is illegal, and usually a stupid thing to do.

More and more people are abusing each other in some way or another just because they think they can get away with it, not held accountable.Tolerance is best kept a 2 way street.

...and you're the new Batman who is here to balance the Books? BS. You're just pissed, because he got in front of you, and now YOU are the one with Road-rage. Get over it. Your an adult, start acting like one, even if other people on the road don't.

I'll tolerate a person for being "who they are" or however they want to put it, and they can tolerate me when I call em on BS. :thumleft:
It's not your place in life to make those decisions, of who tolorates what. That ANOTHER ego related issue. WTF made you "The Enforcer? It happened, it's done, get over it.

Any direct action you take that does not include the police, is just a form of road rage. It's not your responsibility to "Hold people accountable for their actions", unless you do it LEGALLY. PERIOD. No exceptions, no excuses.

Lowering yourself to his level is purely an egocentric thing. It makes you no better than him, and, if he is of that same mindset as you, "I have to teach him a lesson", where does it stop?

It's over., It was over when he pulled away from you on the highway.

You should have immediately got on your phone and reported his dangerous driving and added that he appeared to be drunk.

They would have came after him then , and he had probably been drinking anyway;)

Precisely.

So what do you think?
Should I let him off?

kinda think it already went too far. so hit the horn, pop him the finger and be done with it. maybe call the number on the truck and mention what you saw. i can see even the one text but threatening to go over to his house with oil and all is just stupid in my opinion.

he made a stupid move while driving. ok it happens every day. it didn't cause an accident so get over it man. you being just as or even more stupid doesn't make anything better. let go man. holding on to your anger like that can't be good for ya.

[ame]http://youtu.be/B65mtE2TN1w[/ame]

Mr Trailbeast,

You posts 'indicate' You know the driver, & He knows You...
( again,'based on Your posts').

How about You drive the 2? miles to the Business owners residence (your neighbor)?

And ascertain the condition of His mother.

If Mothers condition is b/s the post up How You two made Peace.

If Mothers condition is real then post how You are going to help
Your neighbor's Family...

Simple stuff really.

so hit the horn, pop him the finger and be done with it.

I find that people respond more to a shake of the head than to the finger.

The finger makes people pissed. A shake of the head shows disappointment and usually makes 'em feel like a child doing something wrong.

I find that people respond more to a shake of the head than to the finger.

The finger makes people pissed. A shake of the head shows disappointment and usually makes 'em feel like a child doing something wrong.

In many cases they will flip you off if they see you shake your head. I do it all the time, lol. In fact, I sometimes make a small wager if someone is in the truck with me, lol.

I clock more driving miles than most people who "don't drive for a Living". I do about 60,000 miles a year (I hope that will slow down now that I'm retired). I see my share of idiot drivers, I also understand that there is a very small chance of my ever encountering that idiot, again. I don't hold a grudge, and, in fact, I don't even give them much thought, I have far too many things to deal with, without adding some BS about what some driver did. He either screwed up, or he's a poor driver, as long as no one was hurt and there was no damage, it's over. Let it go.

That said, there have been times when I have phoned the police and given them the vicinity, a description of the car, and the license plate number, and a description of the driver if I could.

If a driver soes something stupid, and we have eye contact, I will usually just shake my head at him, and, at least one of two things will happen, usually both, He well either flip you off, or speed away, or both. Rare is the occasion when an offending driver apologies, either by mouthing an apology, or waving one.

Either way, if there was no physical incident, at that point, it's done, at least for me.

If a driver soes something stupid, and we have eye contact, I will usually just shake my head at him, and, at least one of two things will happen, usually both, He well either flip you off, or speed away, or both. Rare is the occasion when an offending driver apologies, either by mouthing an apology, or waving one.

Gotta love different areas of the country. Around here you shake your head at someone and they usually wave an apology. Although I've driven in your neck of the woods. Kind of fun getting to the 75/85 split. (Thanks, Cal, for warning me about that.)
It's even worse than the 90/94 split in Chicago.

Yeah, we all claim to be "good" drivers. Hell, I was taught by a man who drove for a living. Hard to beat what you've learned from a man who averaged 125,000 miles a year, accident free over a 25 year career. But, even then, even the "best" have momentary lapses. It happens to all of us. I caused an accident one time for a momentary lapse. Of course, it wasn't something I did on purpose, it just happened. Was there something I could have done differently? Of course there was, but it was my fault and I owned it. No one was injured and the insurance company picked up the damage to other vehicle.

There's a reason why they're called "accidents."

Y'all can say whatever you want and be as apathetic about the actions of others as long as it didn't affect you personally as you wish.
You can call me pussy, personally appointed "Batman", road raged or whatever but I'll guarantee you this guy isn't driving like an asshole today on his rounds without thinking about yesterday.
No other course of action would have had the same effect on this guy's driving habits.
That's good enough for me.
No road rage, no screaming, no violence, no flipping off, no speeding to catch him, just a very effective heads up.
Now you guys can go back to spending your lives slowly drifting farther into apathy land and give up much of a thought about doing anything about some of the BS in this world.

That "it didn't happen to me", "it's not up to me to do anything about it" and "it's someone elses job" bullshit is pathetic no matter how it's justified.

You're getting road rage just typin about it. lol

Y'all can say whatever you want and be as apathetic about the actions of others as long as it didn't affect you personally as you wish.
You can call me pussy, personally appointed "Batman", road raged or whatever but I'll guarantee you this guy isn't driving like an asshole today on his rounds without thinking about yesterday.
No other course of action would have had the same effect on this guy's driving habits.
That's good enough for me.
No road rage, no screaming, no violence, no flipping off, no speeding to catch him, just a very effective heads up.
Now you guys can go back to spending your lives slowly drifting farther into apathy land and give up much of a thought about doing anything about some of the BS in this world.

That "it didn't happen to me", "it's not up to me to do anything about it" and "it's someone elses job" bullshit is pathetic no matter how it's justified.

dude... i can see ya being pissed at the time but get over it already. you went too far, especially hiding behind an anonymous text.

i highly doubt the guy is giving anything you texted him a second thought today..

you went too far, especially hiding behind an anonymous text.

Ain't that the truth. The guy had his name and number all over his van so you could text him.

You chose to remain anonymous. Got something to say, don't hide, put your name on it.

You gotta let go of the anger man. Holding on to it will just eat a hole in your stomach.

It's been 24? hours and your still fuming about it.

I'm not saying that because it didn't happen to me. When things like this happen its ok to get pissed off, flip him the bird or whatever. But then you just have to calm down and let go of it. The anger is only hurting you at this point. Life is to short to go around pissed off all the time because of something that happened in the past.

just my two cents.

Hope you have a better day today

Why did you feel obligated to post about a driving incident, other than to brag about actions you took while hiding behind the internet?

Obviously some of you have it all wrong.
I'm not pissed, never was, as a matter of fact I just realized I was smiling reading all your posts.
If I drank, or was drinking I would have spewed out my nose over some of the posts, seriously.

Besides, it gave some of you couch potato internet junkies something to ***** about for over a day now. :)

I agree. Let it go. If you just got home and sat in front of the tv then you would have forgotten about it in a few hours. Instead you give him a few angry messages then post about it here which brings that anger back every time you get a update.

Being angry is not good for you or the people around you.

Before making a argument or voicing my dislike of aomethig I always try to think about how long it will take me to forget about it. In those case I would have let it go and forgotten about it after a few songs on the radio.

So Im sitting at the light with my left signal on, waiting for my green arrow and there it is.
I am half way through my left turn when a van with a business name and phone number on it runs the red light on a right turn from the other direction and merges across both lanes right in front of me. He could have had the right lane of the onramp but Noooo!.

He pulls right in frikin front of me and I hit the brakes and lean on the horn then he stomps the gas and accelerates well over the 65 speed limit and on down the road he goes.

I'm thinking to call the number and report him to the business, but I looked up the address on Google and found that he runs his business out of a residence a couple of miles from my house. (so probably he would answer the phone anyway, or maybe a spouse)
But wait, I have a Google voice account that I can make phone calls or text with online and they can't be traced or called back, so I sent him a few texts that said this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe next time you run a red light and purposly cut someone off you will be smart enough not to be driving your company van.
I notice that you live in a HOA development, so maybe a gallon of used motor oil all over your nice white driveway and running into the street at **** Barnard Drive (I google streetviewed it) will fix it so your HOA will help you remember that just because you are in a vehicle does not mean you can do whatever you want to other people in traffic and get away with it.

NEXT TEXT to him.
Maybe it will even be there before you get home from your appointment in Prescott, or maybe when you get up in the morning.

Maybe you need a bunch of fake appointments on your schedule, where the people tell you they didn't call you when you get there.
Or maybe you can think everyone that calls from now on is me setting you up again, and be so paranoid about it that you end up running off legit customers.

NEXT TEXT to him.
In any case, I'm far from finished with you and now you get to wonder if every sucky thing that happens to you from now on is an accident or set up by me.
Prick.

HE REPLIED after a half hour or so,
"Sorry about that my mother had to go to the emergency room she has Parkinson's"

So what do you think?
Should I let him off?

That is indeed anger.

-
Back