A vistor came to the shop today.

-

BigWhip

New to Mopar land
Reaction score
Today was a normal day at the shop until this guy came to visit. He just looked around and left after about a half a hour. This is the biggest snake I have in years.

Michael

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 397
  • securedownload1.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 425
  • securedownload2.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 411
Yeah they are good snakes to have around. They are in the King Snake family.

burned a brush pile a couple yrs. ago, was seting on the tailgate watching it burn,out comes 2 huge rats. a minute later a huge black snake head comes out the end farthest from the flames. was at least as big as a softball and long like this one, coal black all over. fist thing I thot about was water mocc., but was way too big! sat there dumfounded,(not hard for me)
his head was in the creek weeds before his tail came out of the brush pile.
later I took a 25 ft tape an measyred between the creek and the edge of the brush plie, ABOUT 9 1/2 FT. !! who says they grow them big in texas! lady at the zoo said it was an oka. rat snake. don`t kill it! biggest snake I`ve seen in okla. , haven`t seen it since, but there`s something in the abandoned yard next door that drives my rotweiler wild.sorry for long story,---bob:coffee2:

Down in forida we have Gopher snakes. These guys get huge and are very intimidating. And yes their favorite hide out is a gopher hole. I have about had to change my drawers a couple times while walking through the woods to some of my fishing holes.

Cool looking snake. I could tell it was non-venomous just by the shape of it's head. Great mousers to have around.

Well i can cross of Tennessee of the list of places NOT to move

Good call there (for this and a few other off-topic reasons lol)!! Yesterday Billy discovered a 4-foot cottonmouth lounging around the trees behind the shop ... a quick whack with his slingblade thing made him a good candidate for a reptilian Highlander sequel. But I'm sure he cannot be 'the only one.'

Cool looking snake. I could tell it was non-venomous just by the shape of it's head. Great mousers to have around.

Yes they are, and like the wolf they mate for life Joe, I had to put one down that was entering my wife's lamp shop, she said it was hanging on the ceiling on her lamps and told me that it reached well over 7 feet (she showed me where it was, well she was right, I herd a bunch of birds noises out in the back yard by her shop ........ Looked around and this big monster of a King snake was headed to a flying squirrel nest in a tree that has been there every since we have been here, I had to put a stop to her, I hated to but it was so big and they will bite
and make you sick, If I remember right she was well over 8 foot long and I did not want to loose my new born flying squirrels, just like that rabid (posable) coyote 10' away from her shop and hiding looking at Boogy, I had to take him out :sad5: We have an over population of them out here and we have to protect our own. We see our King snakes know and then and let them have a home here on the hill, but that one dinosaur King snake was just getting to big and close to my likening.

He heard there were plenty of other "mouse and rat" eaters in there and just wanted to be in like company.

My Nephew has a big female you can always send one here lol. Also have the big black ones here very very hard to find they are called bull snakes here though.

Good call there (for this and a few other off-topic reasons lol)!! Yesterday Billy discovered a 4-foot cottonmouth lounging around the trees behind the shop ... a quick whack with his slingblade thing made him a good candidate for a reptilian Highlander sequel. But I'm sure he cannot be 'the only one.'

...and yall just let him waste away? Nuthin like fried snake fer supper. Yall missed out.

...and yall just let him waste away? Nuthin like fried snake fer supper. Yall missed out.

Actually Rob, that's not too far off base.

Billy has this tremendous flame thrower thing that attaches to a propane tank (not a cylinder mind you) that'll torch anything to a crisp within a couple of minutes. I overheard him talking to himself after the slingblade incident (I was working and really not paying much attention to what he was doing as usual) about that nasty so-and-so never rising from the dead ... and a couple minutes later heard that flamethrower start up.

I asked him later if he was going to feed it to the kitties. "No, it's a little well done ..."

I didn't go see. I didn't want to. :-D

its just a little corn snake. no threat. actually good to keep around. keeps the rodents away. Out here all of the snakes are deadly. so instead I let geckos loose all over my house. No bugs, no scorpions.

-
Back