A904 cooling line inlet/outlet

-

brkooduh66

Reaction score
A904 cooling line inlet/outlet: I have a spare A904 kicking around the shop. i rebuilt it awhile back, but i'm thinking about an experiment. I'm thinking about enlarging the tiny 1/8"NPT cooling line inlet/outlet to 1/4"NPT. and then using 3/8"tube X 1/4"NPT My only worry is that this could screw up the pressures and cause proplems with shifting

A904 cooling line inlet/outlet: I have a spare A904 kicking around the shop. i rebuilt it awhile back, but i'm thinking about an experiment. I'm thinking about enlarging the tiny 1/8"NPT cooling line inlet/outlet to 1/4"NPT. and then using 3/8"tube X 1/4"NPT My only worry is that this could screw up the pressures and cause proplems with shifting
For what purpose? Better cooling? Just get a bigger cooler.

The A500 and A518's have this mod done so apparently the factory thinks it helps to relieve the restriction but if you still use the same size cooler you probably won't gain much. I'd think a larger cooler would help more but that's JMO

you would'nt gain anything. the passage in thru the case is larger on both in and out lines along with the pump change. they went to a large volume pump for the late 904 and a500.

-
Back