a904 rebuild parts

-

joshua dewitt

Reaction score
posted out there on anyone who has used certain performance parts in A904 rebuild previously, lost of look, no one out there used any of this stuff?
all I hear from this page is TCI is crap , b&m questionable, don't want to spend million dollars on this thing, not a race car, just hot street, anyone using Hughes street converters? and if so what is needed to make fit? custom flex plate? they have no ring gear. I know GM/Chevy, and trying to convert to the mopar world with my dart.... just looking for some advise, A904 new world for me. thanks guys.... see my last a904 posting for more... looking to buy parts soon... also any front pump tricks out there for performance?

B&M and TCI also do the most volume, so their negative comments will be greater than any smaller brand. Percentage wise, they may not be the worst, but some comments sure are damning. I have run a Hughes kit built trans and have a Hughes convertor under my work bench. Trans works great. I also ran a stock trans with a $14 trans-go shift improver kit, and that trans worked great too. I used a cheap ACC "Boss Hogg" convertor in an old 340 build as well as an MP 175K and was happy with it too. Your results may vary.

Last edited:
was planning on the billet servo, I already have double wrap band, but going new with everything, looking into the Kevlar lined ones, front and rear bands, what are thoughts on the eagle redline clutches? worth the extra$?
the converter i'm guessing around 2200 rpm...? with my 3.:50 gears and 28" tires. as for the front pump, was looking to raise line pressure some, different than gm unit, no boost valve built in, from what I've read is the alan screw on side of valve body. but any ideas on how much to bump up?, oh forgot, is recommended to use Teflon sealing rings on stator to pump hosing seals? like modern units, or just stick with iron rings?, and going Teflon, does any one seal a sizer for them for installation?

well I have feelers out there to smr transmission, tci and Hughes.... Hughes got back with me stating their 27-25 2500 stall converter would be best choice. awaiting t hear what the others say.....

not sure of the price, or size yet looking into it. this is the description it states form site....
Street Master 2200-2500
The “Street” converter was design for the driver who is looking for that competitive advantage. By raising the stall RPM you can eliminate that slow, sluggish start. Recommended for stock to slightly modified engines to achieve performance, along with a smooth idle when the car is in gear.

Hughes Performance 27-25 - Hughes Performance Street Master Torque Converters

512-27-25.jpg

512-27-25.jpg
512-27-25_1.jpg

JEGS Part Number: 512-27-25
Street Master Torque Converter
  • 1968-On Chrysler A904 Torqueflite 6
  • 11"
  • 2500 Stall
  • 27-Spline
  • 10" Bolt Circle
  • Uses 5/16" Flexplate Bolts
$310.18
Ships Today

FREE Shipping
  • If you find a Company with a lower advertised price on the same item we will match it
  • Just give us the total "To Your Door" delivered price including all shipping & Handling Charges
  • Quick Price Match Confirmation and immediate processing
How to Price Match $ + $ = $
Skip Price Match
Add to Wish List
★★★★★ ★★★★★
@ 315.00 from jeggs or summit

anyone used this one before?

-
Back