a904 to manual tranny swap questions

-

john_the_great

Reaction score
Hi I blew up my a904 in my 74 Plymouth Duster(with a swapped in 360) and have a 67 barracuda 3 speed column shift tranny with a floor shift kit I wanna throw into my duster(don't have the money for a 4 speed right now). My first question is, will a set of pedals from a manual 74 duster bolt right into my auto car? Also how does the stock clutch linkage setup work? what other parts am I going to hafta buy? I already have the bell-housing, the tranny, and all the shift linkage/shifter. Thanks for the help

I'd just repair the 904 until I was ready to do the 4 speed swap. Those column shift 3 speed manual transmissions (903) are junk IMO. Slant 6's will break them so you'd be on borrowed time with a 360.

It was behind a 273 and still looks good on the inside, it was not driven gently. I was told that they were relatively sturdy..... This is one of the non-syncro first gear ones.

i agree with cudamark. repair what u have, when the time comes do the 4 speed conversion. brewers performance is a good source for 4 speed conversions. also others can be found in any mopar mag, such as mopars collector guide and mopar muscle.

So yours should have the 745 transmission.....a lot better than the 903 but still not in the same league as the 230 or 833.

Well, i know where some 4 speeds are as well.... What parts would I need for the 4 speed swap? I already have a bellhousing(ironically enough). And My main question is will the clutch+brake assembly bolt in directly where my brake is?

-
Back