A999 in an A body?

-

mopow3r

Reaction score
Has anyone ever done this? My buddy is selling me a freshly rebuilt one and I was curious if I could put it in my 69 dart. Anyone familiar with this at all?

Awesome, thank you, I'll spend the money and get a good converter

Has anyone ever done this? My buddy is selling me a freshly rebuilt one and I was curious if I could put it in my 69 dart. Anyone familiar with this at all?

As long as the engine is a small block. The converter needs to match the engine, with regards to out of balance (360 or cast crank 340) or neutral balance (273 or 318).

Put a fresh rebuilt one in my 66 cuda n no problem at all. I did have to get an aftermarket kickdown but mine was a /6 car.

Put a fresh rebuilt one in my 66 cuda n no problem at all. I did have to get an aftermarket kickdown but mine was a /6 car.

That was not a 999 trans. There is a difference in the case (internally, for the double wrap rear band) for the 999, then the 904. The slant six 904 case had no provision for the double wrap rear band, as far as I know. I have never heard of one, unless the slant six 904t (truck), had that feature (never had one of those apart).

It's going behind a 69 340. So it should be internally balanced like a 318 correct?

Make sure it's not a lock-up trans, which doesn't interchange with conventional converters. Lock-up transmissions have about a 3/4" machined tip at the converter end. The regular transmissions have splines all the way to the end.

Make sure it's not a lock-up trans, which doesn't interchange with conventional converters. Lock-up transmissions have about a 3/4" machined tip at the converter end. The regular transmissions have splines all the way to the end.
x2

That was not a 999 trans. There is a difference in the case (internally, for the double wrap rear band) for the 999, then the 904. The slant six 904 case had no provision for the double wrap rear band, as far as I know. I have never heard of one, unless the slant six 904t (truck), had that feature (never had one of those apart).

I should have clarified in my post that I put the tranny behind a 360 when I swapped it for my ./6. It is an A999 I am positive. See my restoration threa "My 66 Cuda"

-
Back