AAA SUX!!!!

-
All insurance companies suck! Just like medical, all they want are the Benjamin’s. I’m 5 weeks into the insurance company approving the damages in my company car. And, nothing’s going on!!

Well what insurance company do you have??..we've got Amica and over the years had 5-6 claims taken care of in a timely manner..

We've had AAA for years always happy with their service :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I haven't had a good experience with AAA in the last 10 years or so. Their service went from good to poor (waiting a couple hours) to "We've got nothing available but you can submit a receipt and we'll reemburse you."

You used to be able to call in and talk to a person. Now you call, talk to a robot and get put on hold listening to a message about you should be using their app or website.

Last edited:
With regards to a towing a car with a dead battery and not getting a "jump" a lot of the newer stuff is voltage threshold dependent and if a certain voltage is not attained, it's NOT a fun driving experience. All sorts of weird phenomenon happens.

I haven't had a good experience with AAA in the last 10 years or so. Their service went from good to poor (waiting a cpuple hours) to "We've got nothing available but you can submit a receipt and we'll reemburse you."

You used to be able to call in and talk to a person. Now you call, talk to a robot and got put on hold listening to a message about you should be using their app or website.

I’ve never had an issue calling my AAA agent and talking to them. Done it several times in the last couple of years. Phone, email, heck even text message.

With regards to a towing a car with a dead battery and not getting a "jump" a lot of the newer stuff is voltage threshold dependent and if a certain voltage is not attained, it's NOT a fun driving experience. All sorts of weird phenomenon happens.

Sure if you’ve got alternator problems or bad wiring. But if it’s literally just a dead battery a jump box can provide the correct starting voltage and if the alternator and voltage regulator are ok there shouldn’t be any issues after that.

He literally said the battery was just dead from sitting too long, everything else should have been fine.

I have AAA and they have been ok when I needed them.
My boys car had a fuel line break at the house, squirting gas out the tail light. Called AAA and they picked the car up in a few hrs and took it to my buddys shop for repair, no big deal.

Had a float stick on a holley on my power wagon, flooded the intake with gas, yes I could have fixed the carb sitting at the bank, but with all that gas on the manifold, I just called a local tow company and they came and took me home.
I submitted the bill to AAA, they said why did you not call us first, I just said it was an accident blocking the road and it needed moved now. They covered the tow bill.

I’ve never had an issue calling my AAA agent and talking to them. Done it several times in the last couple of years. Phone, email, heck even text message.

Sure if you’ve got alternator problems or bad wiring. But if it’s literally just a dead battery a jump box can provide the correct starting voltage and if the alternator and voltage regulator are ok there shouldn’t be any issues after that.

He literally said the battery was just dead from sitting too long, everything else should have been fine.
Not discussing talking to agents here, talking being stranded at 2AM & none of the tow services will take the call, You're F#*ked 'til the morning sun..sleep in Your car?
The real problem is the tow companies have the option to just say no, they can decline the call, and that's it.
Dude, "My region" probably has as many F'n towing garages as pizza shops, and that's sayin' somethin' cause Yinzers luvs Their pizza n'at....they're too busy cashing in on the lot tow-away rackets, with tiny-yet-legal signs on an inconspicuous pole, waiting for You to show & pay to get Your car out of the pound.
I haven't been dissatisfied with them 'til this incident, it was unacceptable. The 2hr. wait for the van tow in My area wasn't fun, but expected, I had no problem with that other than frustrated the axle snapped so close-yet-so far from My house.
As for service expectations/$$$$, AAA is huge in "My region", & I'm 100% certain there is plenty of subscription saturation per population. I wouldn't care if it cost more if it would guarantee this wouldn't occur, but "Premier" is good for a 300mi. Tow, unless nobody within 75 miles will take the call at 2AM.... which in "My region" extends all the way into West Virginia & Ohio, both on the W border, & WV on the S border....N-O-B-O-D-Y
Have a good one Dude....

AAA blows.. ditched those clowns a few years ago. with coachnew now. haven't needed them yet so we will see how that goes when the time comes.

Not discussing talking to agents here, talking being stranded at 2AM & none of the tow services will take the call, You're F#*ked 'til the morning sun..sleep in Your car?
The real problem is the tow companies have the option to just say no, they can decline the call, and that's it.
Dude, "My region" probably has as many F'n towing garages as pizza shops, and that's sayin' somethin' cause Yinzers luvs Their pizza n'at....they're too busy cashing in on the lot tow-away rackets, with tiny-yet-legal signs on an inconspicuous pole, waiting for You to show & pay to get Your car out of the pound.
I haven't been dissatisfied with them 'til this incident, it was unacceptable. The 2hr. wait for the van tow in My area wasn't fun, but expected, I had no problem with that other than frustrated the axle snapped so close-yet-so far from My house.
As for service expectations/$$$$, AAA is huge in "My region", & I'm 100% certain there is plenty of subscription saturation per population. I wouldn't care if it cost more if it would guarantee this wouldn't occur, but "Premier" is good for a 300mi. Tow, unless nobody within 75 miles will take the call at 2AM.... which in "My region" extends all the way into West Virginia & Ohio, both on the W border, & WV on the S border....N-O-B-O-D-Y
Have a good one Dude....

Right, but this whole thread is about you whining about how “AAA sux”, and roadside towing is only a small part of what they do.

But you’re proving yourself wrong with your own story. If none of the tow company’s will take your call, how is that AAA’s fault? They contract with the tow companies in most places, they’re not necessarily the tow company. So they’re stuck with the tow company’s response time, and that isn’t the same all the time. It depends on the time of day, the day of the week, and just random luck with how many tows have gone out in that last hour. And if you can’t get a tow on your own then AAA is still providing a better service getting you a tow in 3 hours than you could do by yourself aren’t they?

And I’m sure you understand that at 2 am a significant number of the tow trucks will be on call, not staffed, because there aren’t a crap load of cars out on the roads at 2am compared to say rush hour.

I think the biggest problem here is just your expectation not matching reality. At 2am a broken down car that’s not blocking traffic just isn’t an emergency, regardless of how inconvenient it might be for you. Getting any kind of service at 2am for a non-emergency is gonna take some time. Even some real emergencies are going to take longer to get a response at 2am just because of on-call response delays. Just how things work, the world doesn’t wait at your beck and call just because you pay an extra $14.17 a month.

Right, but this whole thread is about you whining about how “AAA sux”, and roadside towing is only a small part of what they do.

But you’re proving yourself wrong with your own story. If none of the tow company’s will take your call, how is that AAA’s fault? They contract with the tow companies in most places, they’re not necessarily the tow company. So they’re stuck with the tow company’s response time, and that isn’t the same all the time. It depends on the time of day, the day of the week, and just random luck with how many tows have gone out in that last hour. And if you can’t get a tow on your own then AAA is still providing a better service getting you a tow in 3 hours than you could do by yourself aren’t they?

And I’m sure you understand that at 2 am a significant number of the tow trucks will be on call, not staffed, because there aren’t a crap load of cars out on the roads at 2am compared to say rush hour.

I think the biggest problem here is just your expectation not matching reality. At 2am a broken down car that’s not blocking traffic just isn’t an emergency, regardless of how inconvenient it might be for you. Getting any kind of service at 2am for a non-emergency is gonna take some time. Even some real emergencies are going to take longer to get a response at 2am just because of on-call response delays. Just how things work, the world doesn’t wait at your beck and call just because you pay an extra $14.17 a month.
I don't think You have any idea, MOST of the towing is not some mythical "AAA Towing", it is almost 100% contract towing from private companies, what is in those contracts..."but F it if Ya don't feel like it"???
When I stated "My call", I'm referring to AAA, and not one company contracted with AAA in a 150 mile circle had a truck & driver available to service AAA's call to them? No, they have the option to simply decline, that's the problem.
There are AAA Road Service trucks for flats/jumps/battery replacements, those share duty with private contracted shops, but almost all towing is contracted. Again, I don't need AAA to change a spare or give Me a jump Sport, when it's not a issue that can be fixed on the spot I need a tow...which is the only reason I have AAA. Waiting a few hours is reasonable, 'til daylight is not, no excuses.
I pray nobody has a daughter far away that believes in the sense of security that AAA will be there, broken down in a dangerous or remote area, forget it.
Don't try to characterize a legitimate complaint as whining Bro, of all the services AAA provides, this is the most critical. I don't need them to plan a vacation, or provide auto insurance for Me, this is the one & only thing I need them for...and what I pay for. I can't call My Buddy if I'm 5 states away for a favor, dig? AAA makes enough $$$ to be able to provide that service, they did not, regardless of how You view the premium vs. tow.
I will do exactly as John and others from now on, use My ins. co. & turn it in. Erie Insurance, by the way, which has been awesome ever since I switched to them away from Allstate about 20yrs. ago.

Its funny that you posted this.
Have a student who was working for AAA over the summer.
Said that when she would dispatch a tow for a customer, there was a lot of times that the tow company was already owed a ton of money, sometimes more than 180 days, and would either refuse or give it such a low priority it was unreal.
She also said that if you call, and are told you may have to wait, they were to tell you that you can call another tow company. That they will reimburse you. The problem with that is, the contract says that AAA has 10 hours to get a tow to you. You call (likely the same tow company) they charge you, and you submit reimbursement. The trick is, the contract says they'll reimburse if a tow is not available, and if the tow company said they could have been there inside of the contractual 10 hours, they were available. AAA won't reimburse because you're impatient.
She also said that the tuition assistance program AAA had, the only reason she took the job, wasn't paying the university like they were supposed to. She said she's not surprised either, AAA treated customers and tow company's like **** and wouldn't recommend anyone use the service.

Its funny that you posted this.
Have a student who was working for AAA over the summer.
Said that when she would dispatch a tow for a customer, there was a lot of times that the tow company was already owed a ton of money, sometimes more than 180 days, and would either refuse or give it such a low priority it was unreal.
She also said that if you call, and are told you may have to wait, they were to tell you that you can call another tow company. That they will reimburse you. The problem with that is, the contract says that AAA has 10 hours to get a tow to you. You call (likely the same tow company) they charge you, and you submit reimbursement. The trick is, the contract says they'll reimburse if a tow is not available, and if the tow company said they could have been there inside of the contractual 10 hours, they were available. AAA won't reimburse because you're impatient.
She also said that the tuition assistance program AAA had, the only reason she took the job, wasn't paying the university like they were supposed to. She said she's not surprised either, AAA treated customers and tow company's like **** and wouldn't recommend anyone use the service.
That's unfortunate to hear. Sounds like scam-artist money-sharks took over operations, viewing the most critical service..stranded towing..as not profitable enough vs the loot they haul in for ins. & trip packages...so be it.
Word to the wise.......it is a business, & they're free to lose some of it.

-
Back