Able to get another nice Dart after I blew mine up at 17

-

Joey4speed

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Finally in a position to pick up a sweet '69 Dart GTS, w/ a factory 383 4 speed. Ill have to travel to pick it up next month. I really want to make this one part of the family. I noticed the N85 option on the fender tag but there's no console with tach. That would complete the package...Looking forward to sharing advice.
I always loved the Dart package since my grandfather bought his 1972 slant six, 4 door in Y4 gold, he was so proud of his "compact" car.
Anyway, about 40 years ago I bought a 69 Dart in F8 Green (wish I knew the VIN), It had a 340 and a 4 speed w/ pistol grip shifter. As a silly kid I missed a shift, buried the tach and blew the lower end. Having little money and less than enthusiastic parents, I sold it for pennies.

Glad to be back.

Welcome to FABO, Joey.
Similar to you, I also previously owned a '69 Dart but mine had a 340/727 engine/trans combo. But unlike you I built mine into a really strong street runner that eventually had a manual-shift-reverse-pattern 727 and 4.88 rear gears. I couldn't drive it on the SoCal freeways but it was quick in the stoplight-to-stoplight drags. I later got stupid and decided to turn it into a race car and then got even stupider and sold it during a minor financial crisis.
And again, similar to you, I found another '69 Dart that's turned into a 10-year project that I hope to finally have back on the road later this year.
69Dart.jpeg

Post up some pics of your new toy when you get it!

Welcome, great story. It is nice to be able to relive good times; be it a bit smarter this time around. I too am working on memories.

-
Back