ABodyBetty's 1st Baby Comes Back Home!!!!

-
Anybody know how to remove this horn button center/ring?
It's so loose it feels like its going to fall off!
My 64 just gently pries straight up and out.
How bout this one?
Anyone know? Please Advise!
Thank You ahead of time.

58.jpg

WOW! thats one clean ride for being that old! About time those two got back to work! Nice Job!

Hi ,

you've a beautiful sedan , what is the ref' of your peint ?

Welcome to FABO!
The light blue 69 (Clara) here, is color code B5, Bright Blue Irid.
Please see pic attached for location on fender tag!
Again Welcome!

4.jpg

75-86.jpg

75-87.jpg

Back up to the beginning of the day. 3:30 Am, fix coffee. Walk into my new office to power up and look what I had to see when the lights came up...
AAAgggghhhhhh!!! What are you two doing?? My eyes, myeyes, pass the bleach! Then the day moved ahead..........8)

22.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

23.jpg

As the day ebs away...
I barley made it to pick up ABB with no horn ring. Had a funny look on her face and asked "Do we gotta drive the car tomarrow with that thing like that?
No all you got to do is ride. I'll drive you over and back. While we are in Batesville we can go by Sunman on the way home and ask around to finally be able to confirm Clara's name.
Warning to Sunman: Schmoozy down home hoosier on his way to your town to eat breakfast with you and snoop around till I find somebody who recognizes the car and tells me the original owners name. All we need now is Final Confirmation!!
When we get home I will reinstall your horn ring!

As were turning in I'm almost thinking poor BOF. She lost the following to Clara today:

New full tank of gas
Studded snow tires
Hub caps
Sand bags in trunk
Floor mats
Fire extinguisher
My sunglasses
Warm drop light all night
Barn stall

Soon to lose this home, but she is still hoping to have a FABO member as her new MASTER!

Hey BOF, if ya sit there long enough, you'll end up on Feebay....1 part at a time! Paybacks are a *****! Enjoy the great outdoors and the general ICING OVER tonight!:bootysha:

Lex & Vinnie? Don't even know what to think bout them 2!8)

See you guys tomarrow!!

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Clara is a girl of smarts, integrity, and humor. She is a specimen to behold, for she is a person with the most fun, loveable, and easy to be around qualities. Her best friend loves her to death and back.

OR
We could name it Betty then we would have 2 ABodyBetties round the homestead!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

:love7:

Hey!!
Strange day, and turned out to be getting worse lately!
Anyway, enough time burned up this evening on negetive
happenings.
Bad karma deleted!

got up bout 2:30 as usual.

ABB had a Dr. Appointment 1st thing in Batesville.

The snow tires from BOF we put on yesterday were way too big and causing the front tires to spin too fast and wanted to go all over the road.
Got up and went out before sun up to get Baby's snow tires off her sense I won't let her out of the barn till no salt roads in spring anyway. (first year for her with no salt!!)
Get Baby out of barn and put her regular tires back on her and put her back in barn.
Get the 69 out of the barn and take off BOF studs and put on Baby's studs.
2 sets of 2 tires each on 2 cars, no power tools, less than 40 MIn. done!!
Boy was ABB suprised!

Leave for the doctor.

Nice drive.

Visit and leave Dr.

circle back around to go to Sunman IN! Were going to find the 69's mom's name!!

Stop in town where the kin worked. Got name of kin still alive. went to drop ABB at work.

Got home and tried to call the number I got for kin. They told me he was hard of hearing maybe didn't hear the phon ring.

Called Sunman school superintendants office and told receptionist of why I was looking for one of their past employees first names. I said I probibly have more info than them so not to worry about ID theft!
They are researching and getting back with me.

Went on a web investigation. That counties birth records 1901-1930 so far and found Erma as another possibility for a name.

Investigations are continuing.

Next step is I have a PO box # and will either right the guy or camp out at the post office next week and wait for him to open his mail box!

The search continues.

After I got back I took atvantage of temporary heat wave of 34 and washed the 69 again! 2 times in one week!! I swear I could hear the car wimpering in joy!!! The salt barley had enough time to dry from yesterday and todays drives!!
Looks clean!!
Not many pics today. Seem like everyone today wanted to show me their opinions and A$$caverns!!!:angry7:

Have a great weekend! Glad I got our 69 washed again. Right after I got done it got real cold and windy. This evening they are winter storm watch again for 3 more inches!!
Baby and 69 in Barn, Fern in garage, BOF out in the cold waiting for a new family to adopt her.......8)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Sorry guys not much on the car today. Worked feebay. They've really screwed that site up in the last 5 years! I hadn't sold in about 5 or 6 years.

I did however send a letter today with some pictures of the 69 and 1 of my new "Aurora Darts & Parts" business cards too. We explained why we needed his Aunts first name. I asked him to identify the car in the pics and if it was him that sold the car from the estate to my friends brother, to please get in touch. The way the mail runs around here He should be seeing it no later than Wed.
I'll give another update soon and I think I some pics to post. I'll have to find where I save and convert for web use. Be tonight or in AM
See Ya'll!!
Have a great evening!!8)

John,
I would re-think putting BOF up for "adoption" so hastily. She has been a problem child BUT - do you want to have to deal with the curse she will surely place on Baby, Fern & Clara when you cast her off?????
All kidding aside - Fern is a nice car, but needs the most work, if you have to cut 1 loose that makes the most sense...
*flying starter-shield raised*

John,
I would re-think putting BOF up for "adoption" so hastily. She has been a problem child BUT - do you want to have to deal with the curse she will surely place on Baby, Fern & Clara when you cast her off?????
All kidding aside - Fern is a nice car, but needs the most work, if you have to cut 1 loose that makes the most sense...
*flying starter-shield raised*

I agree, there's something bout BOF! She kinda gets under your skin cause she sounds and runs so good with no rust!!

Last unemployment check comming this week and no more!

It may just turn out that we only end up with the 64 & 69. I may have to sell others to keep house for a while longer. After that who knows!
MoparMiko, if ya ever need any slightly used junk yard parts PM me, that's all I'll be checking anymore. Good luck to you!

Got the wheel back together. 2 screws were stripped & went to next biggest with loctite.
Looks like I'll be taking apart again soon. The bottom spoke, the ring is lifted 1/4 inch above the ring!
Won't be now, I'm taking the studds off and putting summer tires and hub caps on!
After that, I'll be headin to town to tac weld a new /old kickdown rod for BOF!
Here's a couple of pics. I'll get more steps when we take apart again!:read2:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

OK, Took off studded snow tires.
Took out sand bags.
Front end of car too high, and so was who ever put it that high IF ya know what I mean! Bada BING!:cheers:

So take a look at the pics. I tried to show everything. Not much to it. Supposed to have full take gas on level surface & adjust to specs, see YOUR manual. Will ride a lot softer and quieter. Can't wait to drive it to Double D's in the AM!8)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Took it out and it drove and road like a new car this morning! Doesn't want to drift back and forth anymore. It rides a lot smoother and quieter too!
Now you can see over the steering wheel!!8)

It's been a week sence the guy got our letter I wrote about his aunt's first name. He has not called or written back yet. We'll give it the rest of the week and see what happens. Lately she's been beeing called "The 6-9!
Cruzin down the ville in my 69, rockin the beat. (Has a radio, weird! Too much distraction!)

funny reading...better than a movie! keep up!

Thanks for saying!

Hey guys,
I forgot to show you the crazy speakers my son put in when he had th 69.
Man, you should see this thing rollin 50 to double D's at 4AM!!!
Kinda looks like the glowing nova in the movie "Repo Man"!!
Pics don't really do it justice, the whole interior glows like neon blue and the reflections, from the front & sides, in the rear glass make it look as though 2 aleins are riding in it!
Just landed, could you take me to your leader in coffee doble D's!!!:love7:

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

Only thing I did to the 69 today was new voltage regulator $15.00 NAPA. I got them to look up in old book the wipere blade refills too. Got em! 13" for Baby and 15" for BOF & 69! Bout $5.50 per pair, just the refills, no arms or anything. All other parts stores are saying not manufactured anymore!
They just want to sell you $10.oo or more for rplacement arms that don't look good on 60's Darts!:read2:

Was working on FERN today, welding, go check her out on our other thread! It was intense, we started at 9AM and was done by noon.

Here's a couple of pics I took though. The weather was nice today!!8)

You guys like the blue lights on front? The turns are blue unlit but yellow when lit.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Headin ta Gatlinburg/Smokies real quick at last min. Here's some "Quick Prep" for the road trip to doll up the old gal.

(Not ABB, She dolls herself up! LOL!!):toothy10:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

-