ABodyBetty's 1st Baby Comes Back Home!!!!

-
Just an update of where we are. Just a few more weeks and the car will be home. Still looking for a name for her. My son called the other night and I was going to ask him about the title but he had more important news to tell me: He just proposed to his girlfriend. YEAH!!! Anyway, will keep you guys posted and keep sending in names for me.

Don't ask me why but 2 names come to mind...........Gracie and Rosie.8)

Or just Grace and Rose.:-D

Just an update of where we are. Just a few more weeks and the car will be home. Still looking for a name for her. My son called the other night and I was going to ask him about the title but he had more important news to tell me: He just proposed to his girlfriend. YEAH!!! Anyway, will keep you guys posted and keep sending in names for me.

ABB doesn't know yet but her 69 just got dropped off by her son! I'll be picking her up from work in a bit. Boy will she be suprised!!!
Good thing BOF her 67 is getting a vibration. U joint, Harmonic??? Well now the 69 is here I'll park BOF till it gets warmer sense that "Fern" is taking up the working bay of the garage!

Here's some more pics for ya! ARRIVAL DAY! (for the second time this decade!)8)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Man, that's a great car. (Both of them, actually- I love the '67-'69 Dart more than any other Mopar I think)

WOW!!! What a surprise I got today. My son brought me the car over early. Yeah!!! I am so happy. But where are we going to put all these Darts. Now we have, Baby, BOF, Fern, and ________.

Ya know, if you're pressed for space, I've got a nice big barn and 25 acres- I could maybe help you out. :-D

WOW!!! What a surprise I got today. My son brought me the car over early. Yeah!!! I am so happy. But where are we going to put all these Darts. Now we have, Baby, BOF, Fern, and ________.

Did ya see the odometer on the nameless 69 hon? It's 53K miles!! God I love saying that! It's the lowest milage Dart we got!

Bout time to offer BOF to a FABO member who will give it the last few tweaks it needs. (Aint much) I'm sure one of the members could give it a happy home. I've already spilled enough of my blood on her and she has gotten me 2 speeding warning tickets in the last month! The last one was in a this past blizzard we just had!

I just grounded her to the barn till someone comes along who wants a mean, spitefull, loud, agressive, SLEEPER DART!8)

She'll make someone a great rust free car!

Here's the names we have so far but I do not feel comfortable about a name us and FABO choses right now untill we find out the original owners name. I think it should be hers. In case we can't find out lets keep brainstorming!!
Here's the names we have so far:
Shepard
Professor
Blue Bell
Blue Bonnie
Transporter
Pearl
Gladys
Clara
Honey
Grace
Rosie or Rose

Here's some more pics! 2 of the Darts are already arguing! Guess which ones aren't getting along!
BOF better check herself!! She's got 2 tires in the driveway and 2 on bananna peels! She could be outta here faster than you could say: "Sir , Do you know why I pulled you over today?"!!!8)

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Man, that's a great car. (Both of them, actually- I love the '67-'69 Dart more than any other Mopar I think)

Hey Slantsick,
I really like them too. I drove a 65 slanty 4 door (I KNOW! LOL!) in high school. I was looking for a 65 when we found the 69. Then still looking for the 65 I stumbled into my favorite the 64! Sorry!
For quality and the way it's built I like the 68-69. (really not feeling the 67 anymore! LOL!!)
But theres something about the compact 64 Dart with a 273 V-8 Auto. I swear it is so smooth and quiet you wouldn't beleive it. It will still churp second gear and maybe third too if needed on a good day! Love it! It feels like a golf cart with a jet engine! The push button is just icing on the cake. If I didn't have my 64, I think I like the 69 slanty better than our 67 318.
Don't get me wrong. That 67 is fast!!!!! When you plane it out at 75 you know at half pedal you got plenty more for anybody on the highway who wants some!
We drove the 69 today and at 53K miles, it's just way too tight and quiet to even compair to any of the other Darts we have. There are NO dash rattles, noises from the front or rear suspension, nothing! The only thing, could use the valve lash adjust!! TicTic!8)

Another Country heard from... I knew there are several shades with ladies names... Alice blue, Carolina blue, Iris blue, Maya blue, Tiffany blue, and likely a boat load more as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Shades_of_blue

My vote is to reserve final judgement until we determine the former owner's name. It would be a great way to honor our past... ya' know, like keeping old cars on the road.

I wonder how much fuel it takes to crush a car in the crusher, load it on a truck with a fork lift, drive it to the train, load it on the train, train it to the port, load it on a ship, ship it to Japan, unload it, truck it to the steel mill, melt it down, make it into steel, truck it to Toyota, unload it with a fork, stamp it into a Prius, strip mine in China for nickel, ship it back to the U.S.,truck it to the dealer, all in the name of fuel efficency? (sorry to rant) :)
Love the new (old) family member.

Another Country heard from... I knew there are several shades with ladies names... Alice blue, Carolina blue, Iris blue, Maya blue, Tiffany blue, and likely a boat load more as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Shades_of_blue

My vote is to reserve final judgement until we determine the former owner's name. It would be a great way to honor our past... ya' know, like keeping old cars on the road.

I wonder how much fuel it takes to crush a car in the crusher, load it on a truck with a fork lift, drive it to the train, load it on the train, train it to the port, load it on a ship, ship it to Japan, unload it, truck it to the steel mill, melt it down, make it into steel, truck it to Toyota, unload it with a fork, stamp it into a Prius, strip mine in China for nickel, ship it back to the U.S.,truck it to the dealer, all in the name of fuel efficency? (sorry to rant) :)
Love the new (old) family member.

Rant away Neil it's cool! Aint like I ever rant is it? LOL!!!

OK GUYS!
I started working on it today. Don't look like he really cared for the car anymore or relized if he didn't get it back over here it would be too late!!
The engine compartment had not been cleaned sense he left Sept 08!

Guys, I need to take a moment to remind all the hill Jack homeies out there who think this is a waste of time.
WAKE UP AMERICA!!!
It helps OK!!!!! Dang! WASH & DEGREASE THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT OK!!
Lets shoot through some pics now of the progress. Better hurry it's only 31 degrees out there and the white death is on the way and should be here bout..................NOW!!!8)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Ditto!8)

After you spray the purple power on leave it set for 20 min. Come back out wipe alittle here & there & reapply, let soak again for 10 min, then rinse!

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

My car is a one owner car. Now two counting me. It has 16K on the odo. I like the idea of naming a car after the original or previous owner. I might use the last name and put General in front of it. "General Glennon" I dunno. I might call it just "The General".

I usually just let it soak before heading out again!

Big difference now!! I even had time to clean the insides of the windows! I hate dirty windows, puts me in a glum mood!:angry7:

See everybody soon! Maybe we can do more tomarrow!8)

That will git rid of a bit of neglect!!:cheers:

7.jpg

My car is a one owner car. Now two counting me. It has 16K on the odo. I like the idea of naming a car after the original or previous owner. I might use the last name and put General in front of it. "General Glennon" I dunno. I might call it just "The General".

I LIKE IT!
Especially with the color!!!:cheers:

Now when I degrease and wash engine bay again in 5 - 10 weeks the WD will help wash it. It will be even cleaner next time. I find it usually takes 3 -5 cycles of this 2 weeks apart untill even the oil pan comes clean. Then oit will be time to paint!!

Speaking of paint, I had just sprayed a quick seal coat, then he moved out. Never even got to buff! Anyway, after we finish bodywork, Im thinking same base color with accent stripe panels. Inside the panels have dk blue sprayed to look like water, ripples, some white caps. Maybe just the roof! You know to look like a mean night on deadliest Catch!........ Hmmmm........:color:

57.jpg

8.jpg

Thanks, for all the names so far. Here are a few more to add too the list:
Mickey
Audrey (after my favorite Audrey Hepburn)
Josie (short for Josephine after my grandmother)
Ellie (singer in the 60's)
LuLu (singer in the 60's)
Roxcy (feminist of the 60')

Thanks, for all the names so far. Here are a few more to add too the list:
Mickey
Audrey (after my favorite Audrey Hepburn)
Josie (short for Josephine after my grandmother)
Ellie (singer in the 60's)
LuLu (singer in the 60's)
Roxcy (feminist of the 60')

OK
Here goes.
One of my few friends is the brother of the guy who brought the 69 out of estate and sold it to us. He said the papers were in the glove box and he thought her name was Clara. I have looked in the glove box.
Found the build sheet!!
Found a book of events of IN state from 1969! With happening in Rushville IN marked in the book for Aug 1,2,3, 1969! The car attended the "Pioneer Engineer's Reunion"! Where they witnessed "the manner in which farming and harvesting were conducted in days long past"
Parade of steam engines daily at 2pm. Take an interesting side tour into Whitewater Valley Country.

Wow! Does that sound like one hum dinger of a 3 day event paw!!!!

The plot thickens............

Small IN town. They are all the same. Plan is: first halfway decent day, drop off ABB at work. Then it's off to Sunman IN. I'm off to seek the morning Liars club. Every small IN town has one. You know the place. Hole in the wall. Bottomless coffee. Great food. Poor ambiance including the cig smoke!

I'm going to a stange town, seek the"HOT" spot for breakfast where the local yocals are, cop, tow truck driver, gas station owner, you know. Go in, sit down and have breakfast. Start shootin the crap bout the familar car out front that used to be owned by so & so!!

Even got a line on her where her kin are working. If all else fails, local school (she taught there) or local historical scociety. Usually nice lady working there that knows everything bout everybody. LOL!!!

Plus I've got names of the past 2 owners, clay and myself! Found some old registration with my name and Clays name. I'll go to BMV and see what I can dig up. But I'm still going to have breakfast at the Sunman liars club where ever it is!!!!! BACON!!:cheers:

Leaning further towards Clara. I thought I saw that name on some paperwork somewhere................:read2:

I think it fits her!!

'Clara' is an beautiful name, it means 'clear' and 'bright' which are two qualities you Dart definately has. Seems perfect in it's simplicity to me!

Clara is a girl of smarts, integrity, and humor. She is a specimen to behold, for she is a person with the most fun, loveable, and easy to be around qualities. Her best friend loves her to death and back.

-
Back