? about xtra firewall hole

-

oldcarnut

Reaction score
sorry about the crappy pic , what is this xtra hole to the right of the heater core piece coming out of the firewall ?

Attachments

• lego 006.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 204
  • lego 008.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 201
everything seems to be intact on the interior side & the cutout is very rough , doest appear to be factory but i dont want to weld up & have to cut out later.

Hard to see clearly but it looks pretty ragged , I doubt that's factory, sorry If I'm no help.Seen a lot of A-body's over the years but I've never seen a hole there. People do a lot of weird things sometimes just out of laziness.My last Dart had holes drilled through the trans tunnel . I guess some out of shape mechanic could not reach the 4 bolts holding the transmission to the engine so He peeled back the carpet and drilled holes for a long extension!

yup , laziness creates a lot of xtra work for the next guy , its a non ac car so i think its "custom" lol . i checked some pics of some 70 darts on the resto thread & no holes , more work yay!

Does not appear to be a factory hole.

May have been a later aftermarket ac install . Seen a bunch of those through the years and they usually just seem to punch a hole wherever they feel like.

The only hole to right of the heater hose connections is in the second picture............that is where the wipermotor goes.

If you are talking about the hole to the right of the blower motor......somebody's "hack-job".

Was it imported from Afghanistan?

orig.jpg

-
Back