absolutely, no questions asked...

-
well, just got the car back and there is no visable damage to it
the glass for sure got a good cleaning
and he replaced the battery with a brand new 800 CCA, for which he refused to let me reimburse him

the odd thing is...he is still not saying what the "surprise" was
he only said it woud be showing up in a few days

I sure am glad this kid isn't like my friends when I was younger...they would have borrowed my car and thrashed a city park with it...and the surprise would be an APB out for my duster

cant wait to see what it is

banghead.gif

Just know that kid just made a memory he will carry forever..

Maybe is an 800 horse nascar R5P7 crate engine!

I hope not, I just got the transmission and rearend rebuild/swapped out in order to handle the 420 HP my 408 is putting out now

Just know that kid just made a memory he will carry forever..

no kidding, I'm twice his age and that car still puts a big smile on my face everytime I lean into it
I cant imagine the fun he had with it

If you trust a young person they might just learn the benefits in life of being trustworthy...
I understand many people have a policy of not lending things and I respect that.
If my gut feeling tells me, I'll trust someone with something special because of the good way it makes me and the other person feel.

Quite a few years ago I had an 11 sec duster. My real good friend had a younger brother who was a senior in high school. he hung out with us OLDER guys a lot and was a good kid. Towards the end of school I told him to come by the gas station and pick up the Duster on the way to school. He was hesitant but the smile on his face was priceless. He came by the next morning dropped his car and after asking me some questions about the car he rolled out. I appreciated that he asked questions even though he had been in the car 100 times with us. Long story short he was the hit of the school that day and returned the car with no harm done. It felt good giving this kid a memory he will never forget. Were still good friends.

Yeah you guys are great humanitarians, Myself I can live without feeling those types of endorphin! I won't ask to borrow your car, so don't ask to borrow **** from me!

I gotta subscribe and find out what this kid has up his sleeve.

I did the same!

well, I still don't know what "the surprise" is
but I did take the duster out to the gym this morning and I noticed something very interesting
for starters, the interior is cleaned, it looks like he vacuumed out the car and even found a pair of sunglasses I lost two weeks ago
(musta fell under the front seat)

he also topped of the tank, last time I drove it she was half full, this morning she was full

so, so far ive gotten a brand new 800 CCA battery, half a tank of gas, and a clean car out of the deal
and I STILL don't know what the surprise was

-
Back