AC clutch pulley swapping

-

my5thmopar

Life Long MOPAR Owner
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can the magnet from a RV2 single pulley be put into a two groove pulley housing. The clutch is bad on the 2 groove but, I can get a working single groove pulley. Thanks

Hi,

As I recall the single groove clutches used something like 1-5/8" coils and the two groove clutches used 2+ something inches coils .I would have to do some digging through the parts books.

As far as I know they are not interchangeable. Also, those coils seem to be getting hard to find with out buying the whole clutch assembly and Four Seasons seems to be only source of re-manufactured clutches. I've seen those coils turn up on EBay for big $$$.

You would need to swap both the magnet coil and clutch assembly.

Hi,

As I recall the single groove clutches used something like 1-5/8" coils and the two groove clutches used 2+ something inches coils .I would have to do some digging through the parts books.

As far as I know they are not interchangeable. Also, those coils seem to be getting hard to find with out buying the whole clutch assembly and Four Seasons seems to be only source of re-manufactured clutches. I've seen those coils turn up on EBay for big $$$.

You would need to swap both the magnet coil and clutch assembly.

Yup you are correct. I took apart both today and the single uses a larger diameter coil. I know there were Warner and Pitts clutches used on the RV2. This one is the Pitts. Any Idea where to buy just the coil?

Yup you are correct. I took apart both today and the single uses a larger diameter coil. I know there were Warner and Pitts clutches used on the RV2. This one is the Pitts. Any Idea where to buy just the coil?

The Four Seasons # is 48833 for a rebuilt clutch and coil assembly. I haven't seen the coil separately lately. If what you need is a coil for the two belt clutch let me know and I'll see if I can find the Mopar p/n for it and you might be able to track one down. Some one here on the forum might have a used coil for you.

-
Back