[Found!] AC Compressor Pulley and/or Pump

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my thread on brackets and pulleys.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=163546

It seems like there were at least three different alternator bracket setups.

To the best of my knowledge, the one used with factory air is a cast iron piece. The reason factory air requires a different alternator bracket is that the alternator is moved forward to line up with the AC crankshaft and compressor dual pulleys.

With dealer air, the alternator stays in it's stock location driven by the water pump belt and the AC compressor gets a dedicated single belt, idler pulley and roller.

Even though my car had factory air, it came to me with dealer air brackets and pulleys (except that it had two crank pulleys for AC). It didn't have the alternator bracket with the hole in it for the dipstick. It had the simpler flat triangle bracket. I would love to know which alternator bracket was standard issue in 1965 for non-AC or dealer AC cars. Was the alternator bracket changed when dealer air was installed or did the kit work with the alternator bracket that came from the factory.

Ok Seems you have it all figured out. Good luck with it.

I need one that looks like the picture in post 9. I think the diameter is bigger. Also yours is the width of two v-belts. The one I need is wider.

Ahh, I see the difference in width now. I don't have a very big monitor and I overlooked the difference. I bet the one I have is for something a lot newer. Good luck with your search, Tracy

I'm still looking for the double groove pulley.

I also need some of the brackets for the AC compressor. I need the U-shaped bracket from the front of the compressor as well as the shorter round support brace from the back left of the compressor. I would be interested in a complete set of 4 pieces if somebody doesn't want to split them up.

If anyone has a compressor with the correct model number for my car, part# 2021209, I would be interested in that as well.

I'm still looking for the double groove pulley.

I also need some of the brackets for the AC compressor. I need the U-shaped bracket from the front of the compressor as well as the shorter round support brace from the back left of the compressor. I would be interested in a complete set of 4 pieces if somebody doesn't want to split them up.

If anyone has a compressor with the correct model number for my car, part# 2021209, I would be interested in that as well.

If you are interested in buying the assembly, you might try Bud's here in Oklahoma. They have kept the vintage a bodies and still are showing stock for your car. I can't tell you if they have what you need but it might be worth a call.
Buds Auto Salvage

(580) 463-2204

Aline, OK 73716

If you are interested in buying the assembly, you might try Bud's here in Oklahoma. They have kept the vintage a bodies and still are showing stock for your car. I can't tell you if they have what you need but it might be worth a call.
Buds Auto Salvage

(580) 463-2204

Aline, OK 73716

I gave them a call. All the AC compressors and brackets are gone. Thanks for the tip though.

This thread has wandered, but if a/c brackets are needed, here is a set of early 318 ones. If they look like they will bolt up ( I know they will to the compressor ), pm me. I have the Single groove pulley and the clutch. but sounds like you need a dble.

Attachments

• a-c clutch (2).jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 203
This thread has wandered, but if a/c brackets are needed, here is a set of early 318 ones. If they look like they will bolt up ( I know they will to the compressor ), pm me. I have the Single groove pulley and the clutch. but sounds like you need a dble.

After some PM's with chignikred, we've figured out that his brackets are from an early 60's 318 poly. Some of them interchange, others are unique to the poly and some I can't tell. I'm still waiting on a price from him. In the meantime, I thought I would bump the thread.

I still need the double groove pulley and possibly compressor brackets as well.

DARTGAME and chignikred both came through with brackets. Thanks for the help.

I'm still looking for the dual groove compressor pulley and the round bracket that goes from the compressor head to the intake manifold on the driver's side.

Attachments

• 20140627_193404.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 182
I need a double groove AC Compressor pulley for my 65 Dart. According to the 65 Passenger Car Part Catalog, it should be 6 1/2" outside diameter. Part Number would be 2521654. But I'll look at anything with two grooves.

I would also be interested in the whole compressor if it had the right part number 2021209.

I'm in the Los Angeles area.

I have a whole set of 65 dart 273 ac pulley

I need a double groove AC Compressor pulley for my 65 Dart. According to the 65 Passenger Car Part Catalog, it should be 6 1/2" outside diameter. Part Number would be 2521654. But I'll look at anything with two grooves.

I would also be interested in the whole compressor if it had the right part number 2021209.

I have compressor too

Are you still looking for the pulley and compressor clutch? Let me know ASAP. I am driving to Torrance on friday the 15th

Are you still looking for the pulley and compressor clutch? Let me know ASAP. I am driving to Torrance on friday the 15th

Yes, I'm still looking. I was on vacation and missed your post. Let me know if there is another opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back