-
Status
Not open for further replies.

PocketAces

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I need a double groove AC Compressor pulley for my 65 Dart. According to the 65 Passenger Car Part Catalog, it should be 6 1/2" outside diameter. Part Number would be 2521654. But I'll look at anything with two grooves.

I would also be interested in the whole compressor if it had the right part number 2021209.

I'm in the Los Angeles area.

Factory 65 A body used a single. You will need all the pulleys and maybe some bracket work to get a dual groove set up to work.

I need a double groove AC Compressor pulley for my 65 Dart. According to the 65 Passenger Car Part Catalog, it should be 6 1/2" outside diameter. Part Number would be 2521654. But I'll look at anything with two grooves.

I would also be interested in the whole compressor if it had the right part number 2021209.

I'm in the Los Angeles area.

My 70 swinger is factory A/C car with a 66 slant 6 I just pulled out and scrapped the Ac system because I decided I did not want it anymore. I will look and see what is on the compressor when I get to the shop tomorrow.

Factory 65 A body used a single. You will need all the pulleys and maybe some bracket work to get a dual groove set up to work.

According to my two Darts with factory A/C both of them has the double groove pulleys both on the compressor and the crankshaft!

I just checked both of my V8 factory AC compressors and both are double pulleys.

V8 yes dual /6 single. Guess I should have asked what engine before I said all. I have a complete set up from a 65 273 commando.

I have a few NOS A/C clutch/pulley's in the attic. Been yrs. since I looked at them so I don't remember what I have but I'll look tomorrow and post back what I find. If I got what you need the price will be good

BTW: your calling it a pulley but isn't the pulley and clutch an assembly? I have very little experience with A/C so correct me if I'm wrong

I don't see a double groove pulley in that pic. I see a single belt pulley with a magnetic clutch disc in front. The early setups were single belt along with stationary idlers that increase surface area and tension idlers to help prevent slippage.
When the matched pair of belts came later those carried the alternator too.

I don't see a double groove pulley in that pic. I see a single belt pulley with a magnetic clutch disc in front. The early setups were single belt along with stationary idlers that increase surface area and tension idlers to help prevent slippage.
When the matched pair of belts came later those carried the alternator too.

The picture is definitely of a dual groove pulley. It's just missing one of the belts. You can see that the belt that's there goes to the alternator, not to an idler pulley like the single groove setup.

The rest of the pictures from that car are in my other thread along with opinions and links.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=163546
My car is a very late 65 car, built in late June, if that makes a difference. But let's move the discussion about which style is correct to the other thread.

I have an a/c comp off my 68 dart with 318. I am not far from Los Angeles. Will have to check on how many grooves the pulley is. A re you looking for a compressor as a core or a working compressor.

I have an a/c comp off my 68 dart with 318. I am not far from Los Angeles. Will have to check on how many grooves the pulley is. A re you looking for a compressor as a core or a working compressor.

I have a compressor already. Don't know if it works. I guess I'm only interested in a compressor if it's the right model number, which is listed above.

I found the A/C clutches and what I thought were NOS parts are actually Mopar remanufactured parts. Only 1 has a double groove pulley. The problem is the part # on it is Mopar's remanufactured # and I tried finding some info about it but had no luck so I really have no idea of the year/models it was used on. I snapped a couple pics and here they are. If you think it will work I'll let it go for $25 plus $13 shipping. If there's any measurement I can take that'd help let me know

Attachments

• DSC00368.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 290
  • DSC00369.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 263
I found the A/C clutches and what I thought were NOS parts are actually Mopar remanufactured parts. Only 1 has a double groove pulley. The problem is the part # on it is Mopar's remanufactured # and I tried finding some info about it but had no luck so I really have no idea of the year/models it was used on. I snapped a couple pics and here they are. If you think it will work I'll let it go for $25 plus $13 shipping. If there's any measurement I can take that'd help let me know

That's a later Slant pulley, which were always single groove.

Ok. What do you see different? Would like to identify what I have. Thanks

I need one that looks like the picture in post 9. I think the diameter is bigger. Also yours is the width of two v-belts. The one I need is wider.

I know I aint seen it all. Between my failing eyes and this pitiful monitor I don't see as much anymore either. I do have a question... Does your alternator have a complicated overkill upper bracket ? This bracket has a round hole that the oil stick passes through.

Here's my thread on brackets and pulleys.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=163546

It seems like there were at least three different alternator bracket setups.

To the best of my knowledge, the one used with factory air is a cast iron piece. The reason factory air requires a different alternator bracket is that the alternator is moved forward to line up with the AC crankshaft and compressor dual pulleys.

With dealer air, the alternator stays in it's stock location driven by the water pump belt and the AC compressor gets a dedicated single belt, idler pulley and roller.

Even though my car had factory air, it came to me with dealer air brackets and pulleys (except that it had two crank pulleys for AC). It didn't have the alternator bracket with the hole in it for the dipstick. It had the simpler flat triangle bracket. I would love to know which alternator bracket was standard issue in 1965 for non-AC or dealer AC cars. Was the alternator bracket changed when dealer air was installed or did the kit work with the alternator bracket that came from the factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back